{33} Kenzie

Above:
YAY for 9k!

"Anyone home?" I call out, setting my keys down on the the kitchen bench.

I get a response straight away, but not from the person I was hoping to see. But I remind myself that Ares and I aren't the only ones that live here.

"In the living room!"

With Coby on my hip, the two of us walk through to the living room to find Miles and Kyle spread out on the couches. Bags of doritos and empty bottles of caffeinated drinks cover the floor. The blinds are shut closed to block out the sun, and they both stare comfortably at the shooting game on TV.

"You're gonna clean this up, right?" Is the first question I ask. The smell of teenage men is starting to lace itself into the carpet.

"Oh yeah, don't worry. Thena has been on our backs about cleaning up since last night." Kyle says, sitting shirtless in a pair of grey sweatpants.

Good to know there's another girl in the house.

"If you're looking for Ares he's upstairs putting Chase down. Are you two alright? He was really angry when he came home last night." Miles joins in, as his thumbs attack the xbox controller in his hands.

"Yeah, just a small fight that's all." I reply, as Coby begins to get fussy. He needs a nap too.

"He told us, you know. It's not a bad thing what you did, but it's not a good thing either. He'll come around." Kyle assures me, never taking his eyes off of the split screen.

I pause for a moment, just watching them play. Are these two the people that I really named Chase after? Their advice is much better than their lifestyles I suppose.

"See you guys later, I'm gonna put Coby down." I tell them quietly as Coby begins to wriggle and have a tantrum.

"Good luck." Miles replies. I'm unsure if he's talking about Ares or my tantrum baby.

Upstairs, I hear Chase screaming at the top of his lungs. Coby must think it sounds good because he joins in too. And soon, the entire house becomes an orchestra of screaming babies.

I struggle to hold on to him while walking into the twins room. Coby starts hitting my arms and yelling gibberish trying to get me to put him down, but as soon as he sees his father his arms fly up towards him.

"Da," He manages to make out, waiting to be picked up by Ares.

Ares extends his arms out and I pass him the baby happily. Ares acknowledges me, but doesn't smile. He seems too carried away with Coby, bouncing him up and down. Cobes always enjoys the difference of Ares height to mine, he likes being high up, which I can't really offer.

When Chase lays his green eyes on me the light up, he wriggles in his crib for me, his arms up in the air.

"Ma," He also manages, desperately trying to lift himself up to get closer to me.

"I don't think we should split them up again." I tell Ares, dipping into the crib so Chase can have his cuddle.

"I thought you were gonna come home." Ares tells me, swaying with Cobes in his arms.