{3} Andrew

By the time Monday came, I made sure that I would stick by Ares.

High school is a horrible place, and I know it must be hell for Ares. I made an oath that I would help him, and associating myself with him is a start. Heck, maybe even talking to him at school will make people more open to it. As an Alpha's child, I guess you could include me in the popular crowd. Although, I don't like to surround myself with other Alpha children, their egos drain me. 

Landon drives Dexter and I to school. I sit in the back middle seat, so I can see them both clearly. I also like to have my eyes on the road, I still do not trust Landon's driving skills.

I got back late last night. Safe and sound. I felt like a traitor for sneaking off with Ares. I know Landon would see it that way too. 

"Don't worry, baby girl." Ares told me, brushing a strand of my hair away from my face. "You're brother couldn't touch me if he tried."

The memory made me smile. I knew how bad he was for me... but he made me feel so safe

Ares and I stayed at the beach for a few hours, but it was so worth it. I got to learn his favourite colour which is green, and his favourite food spaghetti. He has a tendency to apologize after saying things, because he thinks he is bothering me, but he's not at all. I'm constantly having to figure out how he is feeling, and thanks to the moon goddess, his eyes give it all away.

He's assertive one moment, and apologetic the next. I never know what to expect from him.

"Alright number two and three," Landon pulls in to the school parking lot, checking himself out in the rear view mirror. "Get out of my car and have a shit day." 

Such a typical Landon thing to do. He always joked in ways that made him sound tough. We barely acknowledge each other at school, partly because he hangs out with the Alpha children way more than me. But if I came crying to him, he'd be there. He wasn't so tough, he just wanted people to think he was. 

"Whatever." I say, getting out of his car and slinging my bag over my shoulder. Dexter walks in with me, until he finds his crowd. He waves goodbye, joining in with the schools vampires. I never though to ask why he hangs out with them --- vampires usually hate us werewolves. But I guess Dexter was different. He always has had a friendly charisma that can make anyone laugh. 

I wander down the school hallways, passing lockers and people I know. I inhale, trying to see if I can recognize Ares' scent behind the morning breath and body odor, but I couldn't. Maybe he wasn't at school yet. 

"Rori! Hey!" I hear a call. Walking towards me is Andrew Jeep, with his two friends Rusty and Spencer. Andrew, Rusty and Spencer are three of our schools wizards.

Our school is supernaturally diverse, werewolves, wizards, vampires you name it. But there's always been a higher population of werewolves. We breed litters like crazy.

"Hey guys!" I smile at them widely. Andrew, his clique and I all take the same Potions class, and I get the pleasure of sitting next to them all.

"I heard about the attack on your pack, are you okay?" Rusty, the red haired boy asks. I was taken back that people knew about the attack, but not just any people - the wizards. It must be the latest hot gossip.

"Yeah, we're fine, it's the rogues that aren't." I joke, giving them a humorous wink. Spencer, the blond boy with thick black glasses gives a loud chuckle.

"Oh I bet they aren't." A low voice says behind me. Judging by the shocked looks on Andrew, Rusty and Spencer, and how my inner wolf is screaming - I know it's Ares. His eyes are red when I turn around, but instantly flicker green once I smile at him.