Chapter 8

Helia POV

"Flora?" A nurse asks us all and we nod.

"Right this way," she says and we follow her around the building.

We enter the hospital room and see Flora lying on the bed. She's still unconscious.

"I will get more chairs for you all, just a moment," the nurse says and exits the room.

The Winx healed her visible wounds, but no one is sure what other damage was done. A few nurses bring in some chairs for us and we thank them and sit down. They finally leave us alone.

I pull my chair next to Flora's bed and we are all quiet as we listen to the beeping of her heart on the monitor. It relaxes me knowing that she is alive. The accident wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it still scared all of us.

She doesn't really move for a while and it's getting late.

"You all can go, I'll stay with her," I insist, I can tell that everyone is tired.

"Are you sure?" Nabu asks and I nod.

They all leave the hospital room and I eventually fall asleep, leaning against Flora's bed.

I wake up and see her eyes open.

"Hey," I say sitting up.

She takes off her oxygen mask and smiles at me weakly. I can tell she's not fully back to health yet.

"Hey," she says.

"Are you sure you're okay without that?" I ask, looking towards the mask.

"Yeah," she sits up a little, "I'll be fine."

"It wasn't your fault what happened. Flora. I'm willing to bet it was the Wizards'," I tell her and she nods.

"I know," she sighs, "I had a vision after it happened. I know it was them."

"Where's the others?" She asks, looking around the small room.

"I told them to go back home and that I'd stay here," I explain.

"You're so sweet," she gives a slight laugh.

"I try," I chuckle and squeeze her hands. She yawns.

"Get some more sleep, you'll feel better," I tell her and she nods, falling asleep with one hand in mine.

Musa POV

We go back to the hospital in the morning after we ate. Flora is awake and so is Helia. We all talk for a while until a nurse comes in.

"Great news! You can leave tomorrow," she smiles.

"Great, thank you," Flora thanks her, looking relieved.

The next morning, we help Flora get out of bed and she changed out of her hospital clothes. We all grab our things and head to the reception. She signs a few things and we head home.

"Well that was crazy," Stella throws herself onto the couch.

"Tell me about it," Flora sighs and sits next to her.

"I'm guessing truth or dare is off the list from now on," Bloom says and laughs a little.

Tecna shakes her head, "not off the list, we just need to be careful."

"It wasn't any of our faults what happened. I agreed to the dare and nothing bad would have happened if it wasn't for the Wizards," she tells us.

"Let's just all be careful from now on, girls.  Anything can happen," Aisha replies and we all agree.

Flora POV

Three weeks pass by, with no sign of the Wizards of the Black Circle.

I leave the "Love and Pet" building, or home, to run my daily errands. I grab my bag and keys and jump into my car. As I begin to drive, I notice a flashing next to the steering wheel.

I need to pull over at a gas station before this car runs out-

I jump as the car begins to slow down. No! This can't be happening! I pull over to the side of the road so that I'm not blocking other drivers' paths.

I groan in frustration, digging out my phone from my bag. Why isn't it switching on? No way is my phone dead! I thought I charged it before I left! I step out of the car and continue my attempts to turn on my phone.

I notice a car pulling over behind me and I squint my eyes to see who's inside. The man inside gets out the car and I recognise his face.

"Mark?" I gasp, running over to hug him.

"Hey, Flora! Good to see you again!" He smiles warmly at me.

"What happened?" He asks me once we pull away.

I sigh,"I ran out of gas just after I left. I didn't have time to go to a station."

"Why didn't you call someone?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"My phone died," I laugh sadly.

Mark and I grew up together on Linphea. We were best friends and he always was like an older brother to me. He is very tall with brown hair and green eyes like me. We separated when I had to go to Alfea and his father died. I guess he moved here as Magix might have been too much with his father's memory.

"I heard about you girls on the news, I'm really proud of you," he says, giving me a smile.

"Thanks, but how are you? Why are you here?" I ask.

"Long story," he sighs and I nod understandingly. It was a touchy subject.

"I really can't believe you're here," I say giving him a chuckle which he returns.

"Listen, I know a company that can come and help you with your car. I'll call them for you," he tells me.

"Oh, here," he takes a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket and writes his number, "since your phone died. It's always good to stay in contact with old friends."

"I'll charge it and call you," I say and he nods.

"Okay, see you soon," he walks back to his car which is parked behind mine.

I sigh as return home, closing the door behind me. The place was empty and I was tired. I dragged myself upstairs and onto my bed, desperate to go to sleep. I jump onto my bed and yawn, falling into a deep sleep.