Chapter 29

Stella POV

"I'll go," I say, and everyone simply nods.

"Aisha?" I call out into the hallway.

"I understand you're upset. We all are, but now isn't a good time to run off."

I pick up my pace, worried about her whereabouts.

"Stella!" An all too familiar high-pitched voice called out to me.

"Amore?" I cry in surprise, "Amore!"

I run to my pixie and give her as best a hug I can not to crush her.

I hear some more high-pitched voices and soon enough am surrounded by all the pixies and pets.

"Hey, Ginger," I giggle as she licks the side of my face.

"It's amazing to see you all again! It's been a long time," I give them all a big smile as I kneel down.

"Correct," Digit nods.

"Too long," Lockette frowns.

"Oh, Stella, we missed you and all the other girls, too!" Amore says as she lands on my shoulder.

"Yeah! Where's Flora? Is she okay now?" Chatta asks me as she flies up to my face.

"Oh, well, Chatta I'll explain everything to you later," I can't find myself telling her just yet.

"So, tell me how on Earth you've stayed here for so long without getting bored," I say to them.

Amore giggles, "well, we were perfectly safe in the hidden archive and we had lots of books to read, and Miss Faragonda got toys for the pets and food for all of us! And we have each other."

"We were allowed to regularly visit the village, but Miss Faragonda told us to sleep here so she could keep a close eye on us," Tune says, grabbing Piff and pulling her down so she doesn't fly in her sleep again.

"Well, seems you've all have had a nice time here then," I smile.

"Yeah!"

"Ok, well do you want to go to Miss Faragonda's office? Most of the other girls are there," I suggest, but the pixies, apart from Amore who is still on my shoulder, are already ahead of me.

I giggle and run to catch up with them.

"Winx!"

The girls rush to their pixies as Chatta approaches Miss Faragonda. I the Headmistress whisper something to her and a sad expression appear on the pixie's face.

"Hey, don't worry Chatta. We'll get Flora back soon enough!" Musa tries to cheer her up.

"Yeah!" The pixies agree and she smiles.

"I'll do everything I can!" Chatta raises her fist in the air with a determined look on her face.

Piff mumbles something and the pixies look confused.

"Yeah, where is Aisha?" Tune asks.

I stop in realisation, "oh no, I forgot!"

"Let's all go find her this time," Bloom suggests and we agree.

Roxy POV

"Thank you for speaking to me Miss Faragonda," I thank my headmistress, sitting in front of her.

"Of course, Roxy," she nods, "what is you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I don't really understand how, but, a while ago, I was able to mentally communicate with Flora," I explain.

"Like telepathy?" She asks.

I nod, "kind of, but it's gone now. I've been concentrating hard, looking at spells but I can't connect with her again."

She slowly nods, "I heard you were able to communicate with animals?"

"Yes, I've done a few spells for that," I nod.

"Have you ever tried different spells for that? Ones you didn't really understand?" She asks me.

I suddenly sit up fully, "actually, yes!"

"Do you remember where you found it?"

"I think so," I nod.

"Good. Go and get it for me, please," I exit her office and run to the school library.

I try my hardest to remember the exact spell book I used.

Was it animal telepathy? Or did I accidentally use regular telepathy books?

I grab a few familiar looking books and quickly rush back.

"I couldn't remember the exact one, but I have a feeling it's one of these," I throw the books down on the desk, my shoulders hurting from the weight of the books.

"Hmm, I see," Miss Faragonda uses her magic to quickly flick through the books.

"Wait!" I shout, and she stops.

"I think this might be it," I pull the book from out of the air.

"I was experimenting with my magic, testing out a few spells-" I explain, "yes, it was this!"

Miss Faragonda gently takes the book from my hands and reads it carefully.

"You're right Roxy, it's a telepathy spell- but it doesn't specify to animals," she realises, "it can be used for animals, but it's not limited to them."

"Is that why I could communicate with Flora?" I ask.

"Yes. You must have done this spell, and not triggered the telepathy until the point you were able to contact Flora," she continues reading.

"But how could I do that if I didn't even know I could do it in the first place?" I close the other two books that are still in the air.

"Many spells have lasting effects. You probably didn't even know it worked. Were you thinking about Flora at that point?" She asks and I shrug.

"That's enough to trigger the spell- but I can tell from reading it here that it's effects aren't permanent," she explains.

"That makes sense," I sit down again, deep in thought.

"Do you think you would be able to do this spell again, Roxy?" She turns the book to face me and I look at the spell again.

"I can try," I nod.

"I'll help you," Miss Faragonda says and I thank her.

Musa POV

We all suffocate Aisha in a group hug. We're all emotional, but it seems Aisha has it the worst.

We're all worried sick- we know nothing about where Flora is and if she's okay. It's not the first time, either, but I'm worried we might not be able to save her again.

Our teachers helped us to channel our anger into our magic. Of course, we take it in "baby steps" but I can feel my magic slowly restoring itself.

That's what makes a fairy special, her magic can never be truly taken. It just take time, strength and experience. It's definitely not easy but I know we can do it.

"Winx! Pixies! Pets!" Roxy races down the hall towards us.

"Roxy? What is it?" Bloom asks her.

She puts her hands on her knees, panting, "Flora's alive!"

"What?" My eyes widen in shock.

Roxy puts her hand on Alisha's shoulder, "we're going to get her back."