Chapter 33

Bloom POV

All we can do is train, Miss Dahlia is continuing to help us expand our magic and we took part in some of Aisha's insanely difficult exercise routines.

We stayed at Alphea with Roxy. No one knew when the Wizards would strike, but we were ready.

Once again, the girls and I are making our way down the hall to Miss Faragonda's office.

"We should just move into that office seeing the amount of time we spend in it," Stella remarks and we laugh.

As usual Miss Faragonda explains any updates on the "Flora situation".

"Wait, wasn't it Helia who brought her back the last time from the spell? How come he can't bring her back again?" Musa asks.

Good point, I think, raising my eyebrows.

"I believe the spell at that time was a lot weaker than it is now. I know the bond between Flora and Helia is strong, but he can't help her on his own this time. If I'm correct, this time, Flora's heart is fully changed. All the Wizards changed was her thoughts. They influenced her thoughts to make her do whatever they wanted but this time they needed something stronger. A change of heart," Miss Faragonda explains.

"That makes sense," Tecna nods.

"Of course, that might not be true, but it would be safer to assume that and prepare for the worst," the Headmistress sighs.

So Flora is completely changed this time? Maybe. Hopefully not. It's just a theory. Even if it's true, we've got the spell and potion.

"But we've got the potion," Stella points out, "so we shouldn't be worried."

"That's the thing," Miss Faragonda sighs, "I'm worried about something, girls."

"What?" We ask.

"You all remember what I told you about Flora's "condition" and why the Wizards needed her?" She asks and we all nod.

"Well, the spell is supposed to bring out someone's true self. What's really deep down in their heart. I'm worried the condition might be Flora's true self," she frowns.

"No way!" I yell.

"Flora's the nicest, sweetest person in the whole world! Do you really think she'd be like that?" Aisha asks.

"Yeah, I completely disagree," Tecna shakes her head.

"I can't believe this," Musa frowns.

"Miss Faragonda, do you really think that? No way is Flora that monster they turned her into," Roxy argues.

"Girls, please, I'm not saying it's true. I'm just worried her condition has made that side of Flora her true self. Flora is a lovely girl and the chance of this theory being true is nearly impossible- but I want you all to have a backup plan. If the spell doesn't work," she tells us.

"Backup plan? Like what?" I ask.

"I prepared these for you all. Please take them," she hands us out small syringes.

"What are these?" Aisha asks, shocked.

"Do not be mistaken," she pauses, "these are for extreme emergencies. Do not use them unless there is absolutely no way to stop Flora."

"So what do they do?" I ask.

"They will simply put her into a coma-like state. This will prevent her from using dark magic until we figure out a way to save her," she explains, "but please, do not use them unless you absolutely have to."

I gasp, "a coma? Can you bring her back?"

She nods, "very easily. Don't worry. But I don't want to trouble her unnecessarily."

Tecna POV

"But how will we inject her with these? Won't she be much stronger?" I ask.

The Headmistress sighs, "I'm afraid that's down to you, ladies."

"Sounds like a great plan to me," Musa says as we exit the office and into the hall.

"Yeah. We just need to find a way to inject her with these," Roxy take about her syringe and observes it, "where do we even inject these?"

"I'd say her arm, just underneath the shoulder where there's lots of muscle," I suggest, "I read that online somewhere."

"Oh yeah, I remember reading that somewhere, too," Bloom trails off in thought.

"I'm sure it doesn't really matter. As long as we can do it," Roxy says.

"But remember, this is only a backup plan. We need to focus on the potion. Well, we should wait for Helia and Miele to let us know when it's ready. For now we should focus on out training and building up our magic," I say and the girls nod.

"I still can't believe we're able to get it back. I thought it would be gone forever," Musa laughs.

"Well, remember that Miss Dahlia told us that every fairy has core magic deep down inside. We'll get it back eventually," I comfort her.

There's no doubt we're much weaker than before. What if we don't have enough time for our magic to fully come back?

The teachers used a spell to give us all a little bit of magic each, enough to help us get it back on our own.

It's like wings- they grow back eventually but it take a while. Obviously, we don't have years to wait for our magic to come back naturally come back so we needed the little boost from the teachers.

We also found out that Bloom's Dragon Flame can never die. It's undeniable that her magic is growing the fastest out of all of us.

We say goodbye to Roxy as we make our way to our rooms in the teacher's wing- it's still surprising that they're still our's seeing that we all moved to Earth.

"So, do you guys think we can do it?" Stella asks, plopping onto one of the sofas, "save Flora, I mean."

"I don't know, Stella, it hurts my head just thinking about it," Aisha says as we all join her on the sofas.

"I agree. It's best not to think about it until it happens. Worrying won't get us anywhere. We need to have a clear head and think of a good plan," I suggest and the Winx agree.

"Yeah, poor Flora," Musa frowns.

"We'll get her back. I just know it," Bloom smiles sadly.

"Do you really think Miss Faragonda meant what she said? About dark Flora being her true self?" Stella asks.

Aisha shrugs, "maybe. Or maybe she was just giving a theory. Either way, there's no way it could be true. We all know Flora too well."

Musa agrees, "yeah, well, all we can do now is train and-"

"Winx!" A few loud voices call from outside our room.

The Specialists burst through the door in a panic.

This can't be good, I think to myself.

"What is it? What's going on?" Bloom shoots up from her seat as the rest of us follow.

"The city of Magix is under attack!" Brandon almost shouts in a panic.

"We think it's the Wizards," Sky explains.

"Of course it's the Wizards!" Aisha yells, jumping up from her seat.

"Come on Winx," Bloom says, "let's save our best friend from the Wizards of the Black Circle."