Chapter 40

Aisha POV

I roll my eyes, "Stella, you said that the last time! Surely it can't take that long!"

"I said I'm concentrating!" She says with her back still facing us.

She hadn't turned round once and whenever we asked her a question she just said she was "concentrating".

"Hey Stella, remember all the fun times we had here?" Musa said teasingly.

"Hey! That was years ago, I don't want to talk about it!" Stella finally turns around with an angry look on her face.

"Yeah, Stell, you turned into a-" Blooms starts but it cut off by Stella.

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" She turns around, huffing and we all laugh.

"Ugh, I can't do this!" She turns back around after another hour of wandering.

"Come on, Stella," I try and encourage her.

"No! I give up! We've been wandering for hours and-" she gasps as the map is torn form her hands by the wind, "no! Come back!"

We all follow her as she raced after the piece of paper. Eventually, the map hits a tree and is stuck.

"Phew," Stella grabs it, out of breath.

"Okay Stell, let's get back the search," Bloom says and she nods.

We are about to leave when we hear another gasp from Stella, "everyone! Look!"

We turn round to find the once empty piece of paper now filled.

My eyes widen in shock, "but- how?"

"The map is actually a map now! Look!" Stella traces her finger of what seems to be a drawing of the woods.

"Lead the way, Stella!" Musa says, radiant with excitement.

Stella giggles, happy that she had discovered the map. She once again wanders in front of us, mumbling to herself, "okay- so we should be here and then- but what if it's upside down?"

I hear Brandon sigh and he goes to help the clueless fairy with the map, "here, let me see it. You just need to turn it like this and then-"

"Look, this is where we are!" She squeals excitedly and her boyfriend nods, "so we need to go- this way?"

"Let's go guys," Brandon motions us to follow them with his hands.

"Do you think this is really going to work?" I whisper to Bloom.

She shrugs, "it's all we've got for now, I guess. But we have to have faith in Miss Faragonda."

I nod in agreement, "yeah, she wouldn't let us down. We can't let Flora down, either."

"We never saw her," Bloom frowns, "but I'm almost glad that was the case. I don't want to ruin my image of her."

The two of us had trailed behind the others, talking quietly so that none of them could hear.

"Yeah, me too, but we're going to have to face her eventually," I say sadly, "even though we don't want to. It's for the best, though."

"Yeah," she nods, "we're going to get her back Aisha. I promise."

I nod and smile gratefully, "thank you, Bloom."

"You guys! I think we found it!" Stella's high-pitched squeal snaps us out of our moment.

Suddenly, a flash of light appears and all of us but Stella cover our eyes. I shield my eyes with my arm.

"It's gone!" I lower my arm from my face and see that the map has disappeared from Stella's hands. A large cave appears at the bottom of the cliff ahead of us.

"Winx Fairies," a loud voice booms, "I have been expecting you."

"Well, this is where we leave you, I guess," Sky says.

After saying goodbye to the guys, we enter the large cave in front of us. The walls are filled with crystals and it is undeniably beautiful. The entrance to the cave is suddenly blocked off by a large boulder and we gasp. The cave is dark for a few moments, then the crystals on the walls begin to glow.

"Winx," the voice is quieter, it is the voice of a woman, "follow the crystals. They will bring you to me."

We all quickly glance at each other, before hesitantly walking down the narrow path of the cave.

"Look how pretty these are," Stella says, admiring the crystals, "they would make some gorgeous jewellery, don't you think?"

We notice she trailed behind as she gazes at the crystals and Bloom pulls her by the arm. The passageway opens into a large cave. The crystals are here too, but instead of their previous light blue glow, they were lavender, surrounding the entire cave.

"Now," the voice reappears, "prove your worth."

My eyes began to feel extremely heavy and started to close themselves. I hear the other girls begin to yawn and we all collapse to the floor. My blinking slows down and the world around me begins to darken.

The voice whispers even quieter, one last time, "good luck."

Helia POV

"We've given her what she wanted, how long is this gonna take?" Miele complains.

"We must be patient. If it was this difficult for us I assume it won't be the easiest for her. She did say she hadn't done it in a while, after all," Miss Faragonda says.

"It's only been a few hours. She should be done soon," I continue to tap my finger on the table impatiently.

We were still in the hall, but Valerie was nowhere to be found. She took the spell, potion recipient and ingredients with her somewhere else.

"Do you think she'll actually do it?" Miele asks worriedly.

That question had been in the back of my head, too. I had never fully trusted her at first, but something told me she wouldn't let us down.

"We can only hope for the best. We did get her what she wanted so it's only right if she does the spell for us," I shrug.

"Yeah," she sighs, "I guess you're right, Helia."

"Did I take long?" Valerie finally reappears, a smug look on her face.

"Did you do it?" I ask, completely ignoring her question.

She seems annoyed that I payed no attention to her, but replies anyway, "of course."

She places a small, purple bottle with a lid on the table, "here is your potion."

I smile, "thank you, we really appreciate this."

She smiles, "we all got what we wanted in the end. But that's all I shall do for you, the rest is up to you."

I nod, "yes, we understand that."

"All you have to do is get her to drink it and the effects will be instant. She will change to her true form. The spell is so powerful that, no matter what, it will stay permanent for the rest of her life," Valerie explains.

She exits the room and the three of us smile in victory.

"Let's not relax just yet," Miss Faragonda stands up from her chair, "I will contact the others and let them know of the potion."

"Thank you," I say and she nods, "we still have a lot of work to do."