Chapter 41

Bloom POV

My eyes shoot open and I observe my surroundings, was that all just a dream? No, of course it couldn't have been. I was in a field, surrounded by nothing but tall grass. I stand up.

"Winx?" I call, "Winx? Are you there?"

The silence that follows makes me shiver. The field is completely empty apart from me and it is silent. I notice I am transformed into my fairy form. I jump into the air and take a look around from a different angle. Yet, there still seems to be only grass in this strange field.

I could teleport myself with my Believix wings, but where?

I decide to fly over the field, taking my time to look out for anything unusual.

"Hello?" I call out once again, listening to the eerie silence.

"Bloom," a voice behind me makes me jump.

I spin round, expecting to see someone behind me but still, it is only me in this empty field.

"Who's there?" I call out.

"Bloom," the voice reappears, behind me once again.

"Find it," it says.

"Find what?" I call out in confusion.

"Find it," the voice whispers repeatedly.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of it. It finally disappears and I look up. I gasp, the field had turned into something else.

Is this a maze? The walls were clear, but had a shimmer to them that gave away the fact that they were walls.

"Hello?" I call out, hearing my voice echo and then complete silence. Worth a try, I guess.

I hesitantly start walking. I knew I had to get out of this maze, or, whatever it was. I take a few turns, making sure not to accidentally bump into the walls.

"Winx?" I repeat over and over again, hoping for some sort of sign that I'm not alone in this- whatever it is.

"Ouch," I hit my shoulder off of one of the walls, not looking where I was going.

The maze continues for what seems like forever when I finally reach what I think is the middle. There is a podium with a beautiful red rose on it, shining in the light.

What is that? I wonder, stepping forward to take a closer look at it, should I touch it?

That voice did tell me to "find it", what if this is what I was supposed to find? I slowly reach out to touch it.

Nothing happens, so I take the rose into my hands and step back from the podium. Suddenly, I bright light shines and I turn away, shielding my eyes with my other arm.

"Bloom!" A voice calls and I quickly look up.

"Tecna?" I notice the rose had disappeared and we were back in the room we fell asleep in.

"I thought none of you were going to wake up," she says and I notice the other girls still asleep.

"What happened? What was that?" I rub my head.