Chapter 35

Stella POV

"Where are you?" I call as we make our way up the floors of what seems to be a sort of office building.

"Split up," Musa says. They both fly away out of a window, going to higher floors.

My eyes scan through the smoke. There isn't any fire on this floor but the smoke is pitch black and I can hardly see a thing.

"Show me," I whisper, releasing a ball of light from my hands. The fog disappears as the room lights up instantly and I spot a young-looking woman.

"Are you okay?" I ask her kneeling down beside her.

"Yes. Yes I- I just panicked when I saw the fire and-"

"Don't worry," I assure her, "you'll be fine."

I help her safely out the building. Once we've completely checked it for anyone and safely taken them out we go to the floor of the fire.

"What are we going to do about the fire?" I ask.

We converge our magic and try to put it out, but as I expected it doesn't work.

"Could Bloom put it out?" I wonder.

"Probably not. This seems to be a fire caused by dark magic, not a natural one," Tecna says, looking at something on her phone.

We step back as the flames get bigger and the room gets hotter.

"How did we get rid of it the last time?" Musa asks.

"We didn't, the Wizards just left and so did the fire, remember?" I tell them.

"So there's nothing we can do?" Musa asks.

"Magic can probably fix the damage. Right now we need to help our friends," Tecna says and Musa and I agree.

Brandon, I frown, I hope he's okay. And the rest of them, too.

"Come on, Stella, lets go," Musa nudges at my arm gently.

"Yeah," I nod, as we exit the building through one of the large open windows. We fly as fast as we can back to where the Wizards and the others were.

When we arrive, the street is empty. There is no sign of life, the streets are completely silent.

"Where are they?" I ask, looking around.

"Turn around, Princess," I hear a loud laugh as I'm forcefully pushed into a building in front of me.

I cover my face with my arms as I crash into the building, flying through an open window and hitting my head off of what seems to be a filing cabinet.

That could have ended so much worse, I thought, getting up slowly.

"Stella!" I hear a few voices from outside. I rub my head as I sit up, looking at the spinning room.

"Ouch," I mutter to myself, pushing up off of the floor.

Oh you are so going to get it now, Wizard! I fly out of the large window and instantly spot Tecna and Musa hovering in the air.

"We lost him!" Tecna mutters angrily.

"Come on," I motion them over, "lets go find everyone else."

"Yeah," Tecna nods and follows me.

"Musa?" I turn around, noticing she didn't follow.