Chapter 36

Helia POV

"Ugh!" Miele slams her hands down onto the table, "why is this so frustrating?"

I am also beginning to get stressed.

"I don't understand," Miss Faragonda mutters in a quiet voice, with her head in her hands- something I've never seen the Headmistress do.

It's been hours since we started and even I know we've gotten nowhere. I know I'm not much help but I can't just sit around and do nothing.

Miss Shaw was away again. She got us the main ingredients for the spell, minus the personal items that Miele and I collected.

We need this potion. If we don't-

I stop myself from thinking about it. Worrying only makes it worse but I still can't ignore it.

"I believe I can help," an unfamiliar voice calls from the other side of the room.

I look up and see a tall woman with golden hair and blue eyes walk towards us.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Valerie," she sticks out her hand towards me, "fairy and former enemy of the Wizards of the black circle."

I shake her hand and introduce myself, "nice to meet you."

Miele and Miss Faragonda also introduce themselves.

"You can help us?" Miele asks, her eyes lighting up.

"I've actually done the spell and potion before," she says which makes us all stand up.

"Seriously?" I can't help the smile that creeps up onto my face.

"That's great," Miss Faragonda nods.

"But-" she holds her finger up, "-I want something in return for helping you."

"What is it?" Miele asks her as my face slightly falls.

"They've got something here that they guard," she crouches down to our seated level and lowers her voice.

"I want the red diamond," she tells us.

"What's that?" Miele and I ask together.

"It's not that precious to them. It contains a lot of magic, it belonged to a friend of mine who was killed by Ogron and his idiots," she scowls.

"Anyway," she shakes her head, "I visited here a while ago and must have dropped it. Apparently a student found it and gave it in, but they don't trust me enough to hand it over."

She looks around quickly before speaking again, "none of them know what it is but they have enough common sense not to just give it to me. Hand it over and I'll help you."

"We'll have to speak to the staff here first," I tell her.

She nods, "of course. I know a few people here, I'll go out for a few hours and when I return I'll hope you have made your decision."

"I'm not too sure about her," Miss Faragonda says after the strange woman leaves.

"Me neither," Miele shakes her head.

"Well, if she can do the spell then she's useful to us. She seems to be a very powerful fairy. We could have Miss Shaw investigate the "Red Diamond" and tell us what it is," I suggest.

"I'm sure they would have already done that," Miss Faragonda says, "but we could always just ask."

"Do you think the Linphea teachers will give it to her?" Miele asks worriedly.

"The Winx are extremely well known for all they've done and I know Miss Shaw personally quite well. I'm sure with some persuasion we can convince them," Miss Faragonda says.

"Let's go and ask her then," I say and the three of us leave to find the Linphea staff.

Bloom POV

"Ugh," I rub my aching head as my eyes slowly open.

My body feels extremely heavy and I realise I can't sit up. I look around and gasp when I see everyone lying on the ground, same as me, unable to move. I notice we're on a road and look up at the tall buildings. What's going on?

"Bloom," I hear someone whisper to my left.

I turn my head, "Sky?"

"Hey," he smiles softly at me, "are you okay?"

"My head hurts," I scrunch my eyebrows, "what's going on?"

"The Wizards knocked us all out and brought us here, but i can't see Stella, Musa or Tecna," he explains.

I look around and realise they're missing, "oh yeah."

"After Nabu and Timmy made sure everyone got out of the city, the Wizards knocked them out too," he tells me and I look over to the two.

"Why? I thought they were going to kill us?"

He shrugs, or at least as best as he can with his movements restricted, "I don't know, but we really need to get out of here. They're too strong now, Bloom."

I frown, "but, Sky! We can't let them win! They've got Flora and you heard what they said- they want the entire Magic Dimension!"

"I know," he nods, "why would they want it though?"

"They're evil, of course they want it," I laugh quietly.

"That's true," he chuckles.

"Ugh, this is so annoying," I try to move but can only move my arms slightly.

"Just try and move slowly, the spell might wear off and then would be out chance," he tells me and I just nod.

I'm worried about Tecna, Musa and Stella though. Flora too, where could she be?

I look up and see Nabu lying on his back above me.

I remember something and gasp, "Nabu, you think you can do magic?"

He still has his staff in his hand and I see his hand twitch, "I think so, why?"

"Could you break the spell?" I ask hopefully.

"It's a strong spell, I'd only have enough magic to break it for one person," he tells me.

"My magic's the strongest and I can fly, I'll go get the other girls then we'll get help," I tell him and he nods.

"Just- give me a sec-" his fingers slowly grip the staff.

I feel the weight slowly lift off my body, "I can move!"

I look around quickly for the Wizards but can't find them anywhere.

"Going so soon?" I hear a voice say smugly behind me.

The four black clouds reappear around me.

I have to draw them away from the guys and Aisha.

"Think you can catch me?" I smirk and leap up into the air.

"Game on, fairy."