Chapter 13

Flora POV

I jolt awake at a loud bang. I look around and find the room empty. I can hear yelling and loud crashes.

What's going on? I think, my eyes scanning the area, how long have I been unconscious for?

I still can't move so I try and listen carefully. The voices become louder and more clear.

Fairies and specialists! It has to be. I would recognise those voices anywhere.

The door crashes to the floor and a group of people enter the room. They all have some sort of helmet on that cover their whole face so I can't identify them. My chains slip from my wrists and ankles and I feel myself being lifted up. I drift in and out of sleep and I am shaking continuously.

I am placed down and my head meets something soft. Everything sounds far away and I can barely look up. My shaking becomes more frequent.

My heavy eyes closing and opening slowly, I can hear the rumble and feel what seems to be the vibrations of an engine. Seconds later I feel as though I am floating and can hear muffled voices all around me.

Am I on a ship? I have to be, I listened to the engine. It was familiar. It had to be a ship. If it was, then I was safe. My eyes close once again, and I find myself drifting in and out of dreams.

I open my eyes slowly and look around. I immediately see my anxious boyfriend sitting next to me.

"Helia," I whisper, though my throat is sore and his name barely leaves my mouth.

I sit up, my body aching and he notices I'm awake. He hugs me quickly and I sigh with relief.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again, Helia," I say and burst into tears.

"Hey, hey, it's alright," he tries to reassure me and starts to rub my back.

I suddenly pull away from him quickly, "are the others okay? Did you get them out? Their magic is gone!"

"Yes I know, we got them out. As far as I know they're fine," he nods.

"Oh thank goodness," I say and fall back into my bed with a sigh, "I don't even know what happened."

"You really shouldn't do that," Helia chuckles slightly even though I can tell he's serious.

"I know, sorry," I smile and take his hand in both of mine.

"You're in really bad condition, Flora," he frowns, "I'm worried about you."

"I'll be okay Helia, I promise, I'm sorry for worrying you," I frown, "where are we?"

"The hospital," he tells me and I nod, finally relaxing.

I drift in and out of short sleeps and nurses keep on coming in regularly to check on me. I barely remember the visits and don't mind them.

"Helia," I whisper into the silent, dark hospital room.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"How did you get us out?" I ask. It had been on my mind for a while, but I spent more time thinking about it than actually asking him.

"We found you easily after that message thanks to Timmy. We flew ships in and attacked the Wizards. They were overwhelmed by our numbers," he smirks.

"How could you just barge right in? None of us could even leave a tiny room," I tell him, shaking my head.

"Miss Faragonda helped us," he replies.

"Really?" I ask and he nods.

"Well, that explains a lot of things. How'd you get past them?" I ask.

"To be honest we almost didn't. They were overwhelmed but could still attack us. Luckily Timmy discovered what happened to be their power source and we destroyed it. They disappeared and we searched the building. We found you all in rooms and got you out as quick as we could," he explains.

Wow, I think, nodding, that's amazing. I'm so happy they found us. It's been nearly a year but it feels like so much less to me because of the amount of time I was unconscious. Poor Winx, they were awake most of the time. At least they had each other to keep them sane.

"I'm so overwhelmed with everything. I still can't believe I'm here, it's like a dream," I sigh and give him a sad smile.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, hesitantly.

"I don't know," I say and look down at my hands which are clasped over my stomach.

Helia POV

After a while a nurse comes in and tells me that visiting hours are over and I can't stay with Flora since I'm not technically her family.

I really don't want to go but I know I have to. I drive back to our home in Gardenia and decide to get some sleep.

I'll see her in the morning, she'll be fine, I thought as I laid down, though I was still worried.

In the morning I grab some fresh clothes for myself and Flora and anything else we might need throughout the day. After that I drive safely but quickly back to the hospital.

I open the door slowly. Flora is sitting up and looking around the room.

"Hi," she yawns tiredly, stretching her arms out behind her.

"How are you?" I ask, sitting in the chair beside her bed and throwing down my stuff.

"I suppose I'm better," she shrugs, "I would much rather be in my own bed though."

She gives me a puzzled look as she notices the bag next to me, "what's that?"

"I brought you some things," I say and she nods.

"Thank you," she says and I give her a smile.

"Are you okay?" I ask after she falls silent.

"Helia, I really want to see the Winx," she almost whispers, as if she was afraid to say it.

"You can't now Flora. Heal up first and then you can see them, it'll be soon, I promise," I help her lie back down properly.

"Please?" She pouts.

I sigh, "how about we wait for a nurse or doctor to come back? Then we can ask, okay?"

She nods, smiling, "okay."