Chapter 42

Aisha POV

"Whoa," I gasp as soon as we step out of the cave, "I can practically feel the magic flooding back!"

The cave disappears behind us suddenly and everything around us returns to normal.

"This is amazing!" Stella cries out in joy.

"You girls really think this will work? I mean, it almost feels too easy," I ask.

Bloom shakes her head, "she said it herself, we earned it! We've done good things, Winx, and we deserve our powers back."

"Okay, so, does that mean we're ready?" I ask.

"I guess it does," Musa smiles.

"This feels amazing!" Stella cries out in joy, holding out her hands in front of her.

"We need to be careful, though, we just got these powers back," Bloom warns us, "let's not go too wild."

"Good point," Tecna nods in agreement, "we don't know if these powers are the exact ones we had before."

"Then let's test them out," I smile widely, "come on, I know you all want to."

"Well, the guys did say that they'd meet us back here in a while so I guess," Bloom trails off and finally nods, "we can spend some time getting used to these powers."

"We need all the time we can get at this rate. We don't know when the wizards will strike and we need to be ready," Musa adds.

"Hurry up! I want to transform already!" Stella fidgets impatiently.

"Magic Winx!" We all yell, leaping into the air.

My eyes shoot open and I am transformed. I look around and notice the other girls are, too. Time to see if this "Fairy Of Rewards" is for real.

"Okay, ready?" I ask, and the girls nod.

I am suddenly shoved back and quickly use my wings to regain my balance. I look up to see Bloom giggling to herself, "come on!"

"Oh, it's on," I mutter to myself, zooming after her.

Roxy POV

"So, I can't help?" I frown.

"Of course you can help, but I'd not advise you to battle the wizards or Flora. Besides, we need you here," Miss Faragonda assures me.

"Okay," I sigh, "I guess."

"Roxy, we have no idea if the Wizards will come after the pixies or pets. We need a trusted fairy to keep a close eye on them. You have a special connection with them, you're perfect for the job," she smiles kindly at me.

"Thank you, Miss," I return her smile and get up to leave the office. Maybe they need me after all.

It made sense, though. Even though I was already a strong fairy, I was definitely not as strong as the Winx. I knew it was best for them to fight the Wizards but a part of me still felt sad and wanted to help.

"Hello, Pixies!" I greeted my small friends once entering the Magic Archive.

"Roxy!" Digit squeals in excitement, "it's about time you came back to see us?"

"Is Stella alright? I've not heard from her in a while," Amore asks, frowning slightly.

"Don't worry Amore, she's fine, she misses you very much though," I assure her.

"What about Flora?" Chatta demands, "you better not have let her be taken by those stupid wizards agai-"

"Chatta, don't worry. We'll get her back again," I hush the talkative pixie.

"What do you mean? She's gone again? I knew we Pixies would be better at keeping her safe than you lot," she huffs, a piece of hair flying up into the air from her breath.

"She'll be back within a few days," I promise her.

"So what do we do until then?" Digit flies up to my face, almost giving me a heart attack.

"I swear I've never seen you pixies without unrealistic amounts of energy," I mutter to myself, causing them to all give me confused glances.

"Never mind," I shake my head, "I'm not actually involved in the mission to save Flora, so I'm going to spend some time with all of you."

"Why not? You're strong!" Lockette frowns.

I shake my head, "no, no it's not because I'm not strong! It's just that these Wizards are a whole other level of magic and I'm just not ready for that yet."

"Like us," Chatta frowns, "I want to be strong! I want to fight the bad guys but I can't!"

The other pixies remain silent, and I can tell that they feel the same. I nod, "I feel like that too, sometimes. Being friends with such strong, amazing girls makes you feel inferior sometimes."

I pause and sit down, "just because we're not doing any of the actual fighting doesn't mean we're not helping. We support the Winx and while they're out fighting we can help back here."

"How?" Tune tilts her head in confusion.

"Well-" I pause, thinking of a response, "we helped with the potion to save Flora. We made the syringes that could put Flora to sleep if the plan fails. We support the Winx with supplies, but emotionally too. I have no doubt that they instantly feel better seeing you lot."

The pixies smile. Lockette jumps into the air, "so how can we help now?"

"Well, we could start by preparing for when Flora gets back!" I suggest enthusiastically.

The pixies stare at me blankly for a few seconds before Chatta speaks up, "uh, how is that going to help?"

"Well," I pause, how is that going to help? "When she recovers she might be sick, so, we'll need to be prepared for that! We could make special medicines to help her and, make a card to make her feel better!"

Digit coughs slightly, "Roxy, I hate to say it but there is only a forty-four percent change that we will actually succeed in bringing Flora back safely and cured."

"Oh come on, Digit, be optimistic! Where did you even come up with that number anyway?" We all confusedly stare at the pixie.

"Well," Digit pulls out a confusing-looking gadget, "it says here that-"

"Okay okay okay no need to explain it to us all again," Chatta interrupts, "it confuses me too much!"

"As I was saying," I sigh, "I think we should all do our best to make sure that when Flora comes back, and she will, that she is comfortable and happy. Even though we can't fight we can still play a big role in her healing process. So, who's up for it?"

"Me!" The Pixies scream in unison.

All we need now if for you to do what you do best, Winx.