Chapter 9

Flora POV

Hey Flora! Do you want to meet me somewhere later? There's so much I have to talk to you about! Mark's name appears on the screen.

Sure, how about this afternoon? I reply, about twelve?

Sounds good, he replies, and I close my phone.

It felt good to have my best friend back in my life. Well, the Winx are my best friends, but so is Mark. Or, was, at least. I always loved talking to people after a while of not seeing them. It always made me happy.

I'll pick you up? He asks, my phone vibrating on my desk, seeing as what happened to your car you could probably use the help.

Sure, where are we going? I reply, realising I hadn't asked before.

Out for coffee? I could really go some, he texts back.

Okay, me too, I get out of bed and slowly get ready. I usually preferred some nice herbal tea over coffee but with all the sleepless nights I could definitely use it.

I put on some black shorts and a pink crop-top which has roses on it. It's really early, so I just brush my hair and leave my makeup. I didn't have the energy to do it.

I go downstairs and am joined by Aisha. We are both early risers. We prepare breakfast and lay it out for everyone else while we eat our own.

"What you up to today?" I ask her, after a while of comfortable silence.

Sometimes when you're around someone for so long every day you run out of things to talk about. Sometimes my friends and I just sat in silence, but we didn't mind. Aisha being my best friend I really didn't care.

"Not sure, I think I'm going to work out here for a bit," she shrugs.

I laugh a little, "I thought so."

"What about yourself?" She asks before taking a sip of her apple juice.

"I'm meeting up with an old friend. I haven't seen him in years," I tell her and her eyes light up.

"That's nice. What's his name?" She asks.

"Mark," I tell her and she nods.

"Yeah, I remember you telling me something about him a while ago. Was he not your best friend on Linphea?" She asks.

"We grew up together basically. I bumped into him yesterday and we decided to go out and catch up," I say and she nods.

"That's good, it's always nice to do that when you haven't seen someone in a while," she says and I agree.

Everyone eventually comes downstairs and eats their breakfast as Aisha and I go upstairs to get ready for the day. This was the usual, and no one seemed to mind our absence from the table.

I check my phone and realise that Mark will be here in fifteen minutes, so I hurriedly chuck a few things into a small bag.

We say goodbye to the guys as they leave for work at the Frutti Music Bar. They don't really need to work there as we could easily move back to the Magic Dimension, but they seem to really love their job there. It's nice that Rick and Roxy have some helping hands.

A beep of a car horn from outside catches my attention.

"Who's that?" Bloom asks, turning round on the sofa to look out the window.

"I'm meeting up with an old friend, I'll be back before the guys are, don't worry," I say and she nods.

I walk over to his car and get in. He turns to me with a smile, "hey Flora."

"Hey," I smile back as I put my seatbelt on.

"Did you get your car sorted?" He chuckles, "you looked upset about it yesterday."

"Hey, I wasn't!" I frown, "but yeah, I got it sorted. I had to ask my friends for help but in the end we sorted it. I'm still a bit nervous to drive, though."

"As long as you check your car so that it doesn't run out again I'm sure you'll be fine," he laughs.

We arrive after about twenty minutes. I sit down and he offers to get the drinks. As he walks over I realise I didn't tell him what I wanted.

"Here you go," he places the large mug in front of me.

Strangely, he places a cappuccino, which just so happens to be my favourite kind of coffee, on the table.

"How'd you know?" I eye him suspiciously.

"I know you, Flora. You used to drink those when you were, like, twelve," he laughs and so do I. We sit and talk quietly for a while.

"Why are you here on earth?" I ask the question that I had been dying to ask for a while.

"I wanted a change, and Magix got too much after my father died," he says and I nod.

"I thought so," I frown at the thought of his father. He had been through so much.

"I don't even need to ask one of the famous Winx members why she is here, do I?" He says.

"I guess not," I chuckle.

We talk for a while longer until I check my phone. No messages. I check the time and see that it's half past two. I should probably be heading back.

"Oh, I should probably be going now," I say and he nods.

He drives me home and I thank him. We hug each other and I open the car door, saying goodbye. I go inside and the place is silent.

Maybe nobody's home. I head up to my room and begin to clean it when I hear a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" A familiar voice asks.

"Oh hey! I didn't know you were back, " I say and give him a quick hug.

"Were you out?" Helia asks.

"Oh, yeah, I went to see an old friend from Linphea. We grew up together," I explain.

"Good," he smiles. The building was still completely silent and I was wondering how anyone could have been home when it was so quiet.

"Is everyone else in? We can all have dinner together," I say and he nods.

We call everyone down and decide to all make dinner together. We're sitting, eating and talking for hours which is the first time in a while since we've done it.

Helia and I decide to watch a movie in my room for the rest of a night, and I end up falling asleep halfway through.