Chapter 24

Flora POV

I close my eyes and prepare for impact, my arms attempting to shield my face.

I suddenly hear a loud crashing sound and my hair is blown back. I slowly lower my arms from my face and open my eyes.

Everything is bright for a few seconds and I blink continuously until my eyes adjust.

The room once again becomes dim and everyone falls silent.

"Did we do it?" I whisper.

"I'm not sure," Roxy replies, also whispering.

Suddenly, I feel a rush of power go through my body, whoa.

"You okay, Flo?" Stella puts a hand on my shoulder and looks at me with somewhat worried eyes.

"Yeah just got the chills," I give her a small smile to reassure her.

"No wonder," she pats my back lightly.

"Let's just get going. I really just want to find the rest of the gang and get out of here," Roxy says and we agree.

She's right, we need to focus on the Wizards now, we made our way out into the hallway.

The halls are dead silent. What could have happened?

We really shouldn't have split. I was so focused on finding those wizards that I forgot the Winx didn't have powers and Roxy is with me.

Yes, the specialists have their weapons, but surely Ogron, Duman, Gantlos and Anagan will be stronger here. It's their place of power.

"I say we explore as much as possible. Try and find anything useful," I suggest and the girls nod.

"But how are we going to do that before they make a move?" Stella folds her arms.

"I could use my magic and try to locate them," Roxy suggests.

"Then what? We can't fight all four of them!" I shake my head.

"Don't worry about it," she says, transforming for effect.

"Go with her Stella," I say and she nods.

She'll be much safer with her than me, anyway. I can't use my powers and I won't be responsible for either of their deaths.

"You'll be okay?" She asks and I nod, hugging them both.

As they leave, I take off running in the opposite direction. I don't even know what I'm looking for, but I know I need to put an end to this.

Ok, think. I'm the only one who knows these Wizards well enough. Well, I think so. They seem to know me well.

There must be a room somewhere that's different.

If I can find the centre of this maze then maybe I can find them. But then what?

I come across a set of stairs. I decide to ascend to an upper level and find an almost identical hallway.

This is going to be fun.