Chapter 18

Flora POV

I am preparing to fire, but the Wizards disappear.

"We need to go! Now!" Roxy shouts.

"But-" I begin.

"No. We can't risk the others. Let's use a teleportation spell," Roxy commands as we fly down.

Seconds later, we find ourselves in our home. I feel an immediate wave of panic wash over me but try hard to stay calm.

"Lock all the doors and windows," I instruct the girls.

We run around the house, locking windows and doors as quick as possible. Afterwards, we meet in the lounge.

"Should we-" Roxy begins but stops mid sentence.

"What?" Stella asks.

"The guys won't be back for another while. Should we call them?" She asks hesitantly.

"No!" We all shout in unison and we all talk at once.

"Are you crazy?"

"No way!"

"What if we are attacked?"

"We can defend ourselves!"

"Like we just did?"

"They disappeared!"

"We don't need the guys' help."

"Exactly, we defeated the Wizards before."

"Winx!" Roxy yells and we all stop immediately.

"We are not safe. I don't care what you say, we need them to come back," Roxy states.

"We can defend ourselves! How many times do I need to say it!" Stella shouts.

"No, Stella, not all of us can. I won't tell them we were away, but I need a good excuse," she stares into the distance.

There is a pause.

"So, what do we do?" Bloom looks worried.

"We stay here and we stay alert. If they show up we call the guys," Aisha says and no one protests.

So that's what we do. We wait and nothing happens. We hear loud voices approaching the door and we all stand up.

"Look busy," Roxy whispers to us.

Some of us go upstairs and some go into the kitchen. After we greet our boyfriends, Roxy says goodbye and leaves.

"What have you lot been up to?" Brandon asks Stella.

Stella isn't a very good liar and she knows it, so she doesn't say anything. Probably a good move from her.

"What?" He laughs at our silence.

"Nothing," Stella shakes her head.

I can tell the guys know something isn't right.

"What is it?" Brandon asks again with a more serious voice.

Stella sighs, "fine."

We all frantically shake our heads at Stella, not caring if they can see.

"We might have raided the junk food stash," Bloom lies, and we all burst out into laughter.

I can tell they buy it, and am relieved. When no one is looking, I give a thumbs-up to Bloom. She smiles.

The next morning, I wake up to my phone ringing. The phone screen is too bright so I glance at my alarm cloaks. It's six in the morning. I answer, not being able to look at the phone screen properly from its brightness.