Chapter 30

Aisha POV

"So, you can contact Flora?" I ask Roxy.

We're now all in Miss Faragonda's office, including the pixies and pets.

"Yes," she nods, "it seems I accidentally did a spell, but it ended up working in our favour."

"So how does the spell work?" Bloom asks.

Roxy grabs a book from the Headmistress' desk and hands it to Bloom.

"Wow, how does a spell like this end up in a book for animal spells?" Tecna asks.

She shrugs, "I've no idea. I didn't really think much about it until now."

"It doesn't matter! Just do the spell!" Stella nudges Roxy's arm.

"That's the thing," she rubs the back of her neck, "I remember when I first did it, it took weeks. I had no idea what I was doing and it probably just happened my accident."

"It is a very difficult spell," Miss Faragonda nods in agreement, "as you girls probably are aware, it's rare for fairies to use telepathic communication. Those who do are very powerful."

"How come you can't do the spell?" Stella asks.

Bloom whispers lowly to her, "Stella!"

"What?" She asks obliviously.

"It's alright. I believe I can do the spell with enough effort. Telepathy isn't exactly- well, natural, so it requires very complicated and difficult spells that fairies aren't trained to do. Spells that I've never done before," she explains.

"So how come Roxy could do it?" I ask.

Did she not tell us she could communicate with Artu? Well, he is an animal I guess.

"Animals are different. Since they can't always talk back the spells are slightly easier. Slightly. Roxy had obviously done some practice with spells like that and has the skills for spells like that in fairies," Miss Faragonda tells us and we nod, "I'm not surprised."

So, being able to communicate with Artu has given Roxy the magical skills to use telepathic communication with fellow fairies and she didn't even realise it? I wondered.

"But why Flora specifically? Wouldn't she need to take part in the spell somehow?" Musa asks, confusing the Winx and I.

"Well, I did do the spell in the forest outside of Alfea," Roxy says.

"What were you doing there?" I ask.

She shrugs, "it's relaxing, and I get to be close to the animals and nature."

"I believe Flora has a strong connection to the nature there," Miss Faragonda clasps her hands together.

"And all nature in general," Bloom adds.

I nod, "yeah, but Flora, and sometimes all of us, spent a long time there. Remember she practised her magic and just hung ou-"

"Her magical energy must have still been lingering there!" Stella gasps.

"Is that really enough for the spell?" Roxy asks.

Miss Faragonda nods, "I believe so. Since you had no one nearby to connect with your magic has found the next best thing."

"So Roxy can do the spell!" Bloom claps excitedly.

"Wait, if you hadn't already done the spell how did you know Flora was alive?" Tecna asks.