Chapter 26

Roxy POV

"I can't believe neither of you told us what was going on sooner! We could've helped!" Aisha shakes her head disappointedly.

"No, there was nothing any of us could do and you know it!" I argue.

"You think I went through everything I did so that my best friend could turn into one of them? I-"

"Aisha, now's not the time!" Stella interrupts.

W suddenly feel a powerful wind blow through the halls.

She broke it. Flora broke the spell. Oh no, she used her powers.

"We need to go. Now," I command as we begin to take off running, calling out for our friends.

We approach a corner, and as the other girls turn, I feel a pair of arms grab me from inside the wall and quickly pull me back. I begin to scream, but my mouth is covered someone's hand.

I can't see a thing, I think, looking around desperately for a source of light but all I could see was darkness. It was pitch black.

The hand moves up to my forehead and I feel dizzy as my legs collapse underneath me. The last thing I see is the purple smoke surrounding my body before I black out completely.

Stella POV

"Roxy?" Aisha and I call at the top of our lungs, searching desperately for the animal fairy.

What if something bad happened to her? I worry.

"I knew we shouldn't have let her fall behind us!" Aisha sighs, "we should always stick together!"

"Aisha, I really hate to say it, but we need to go. If that spell is re-cast we could be stuck here forever! Roxy has her powers, we don't. She's a strong girl and can look out for herself," I tell her. She stares at me with a blank face.

"What?" I ask, staring back at her.

"Are you feeling okay, Stella?" She smirks slightly.

"Um, I think so, why?" I ask.

"I've just never heard you talk so much sense in your life," she giggles.

"Well, maybe being put through a tough situation made me more mature." I suggest jokingly.

"Maybe, but I prefer the regular Stella just fine, thank you," she giggles and our laughter soon dies down.

We continue calling (well, yelling) for the others as we run. My throat was starting to hurt and I was running out of breath.

I won't need to exercise ever again with all this running! I'm surprised I've even made it this far!

"Stella? Aisha?" We hear a few voices call.

Finally!

"We're over here!" I call, trying to lead whoever was nearby to us.

It was hard to tell who it was exactly because there were so many different voices, but I was glad nonetheless. At the end of the hall, we can see some blurry figures. Of course, we sprint as fast as we can and the faces become clearer.

"Brandon!" I squeal, jumping into his arms. He hugs me tightly.

"We've been looking all over for the rest of you," he explains, "but we just ended up wandering through what felt like millions of identical hallways."