Chapter 25

Aisha POV

"Are we there yet?" Stella calls from behind me.

"Almost," I call back.

"You've said that more than once you know!" Roxy exclaims.

It must be around here somewhere. I know I saw it.

"What was it you were going to show us anyway, Aisha?" Stella asks.

"There was a room that was different from all the others, it was a light grey, different to all this black," I say, looking around.

"So?"

"Because, Stella, we've been seeing the same walls for hours now! Don't tell me you didn't notice. It must mean something for that room to be different. Maybe even in a bad way, but if it's different I'm happy," I explain.

Stella just stays silent in thought.

"I swear I saw that mark on the wall like six times now," Roxy points out, huffing and puffing while putting her hands on her thighs.

Stella explains how she, Roxy and Flora found out they had been trapped in the same hall for a while, "maybe it's happening again."

"I broke the spell!" Roxy says, almost offended.

"Wait, Stell, remember we did that unit in class on changing environments to look like something else? Illusions?" I ask.

"The one with the parrots?" She asks and I nod, "don't remind me. I broke my nails and that stupid bird lifted me up by the hair."

I notice Roxy stifle a laugh.

"It wasn't a real bird, Stella. Anyway that's not the point. Do you think Roxy's spell wasn't enough?"

"What do you mean?" They ask in unison, Stella tilting her head to the side.

"Well, they are the wizards of the black circle. Surely a spell like that can't just be broken so easily," I say.

"Oh yeah! I remember! What if they sensed it was broken?" Stella asks.

"Is that possible?" Roxy asks.

I nod, "I think so. They might have re-cast the spell. If we could summon enough magic to break it again, then find a way to distract the wizards so that they don't cast it again it might give everyone a chance to escape!"

"Do you think you can do it again?" Stella turns to Roxy.

"I'm not sure. I'm not very strong, you know," Roxy replies but I shake my head.

"At least give it a try," I suggest.

Roxy closes her eyes and transforms. She puts her hands close to each other, but they do not touch. Her eyes close tightly and she focuses.

Stella POV

Once again, I see the familiar bright light. Even without my powers bright lights don't bother me. Well, I am the Princess of Solaria for a reason.

"Did it work?" Aisha asks and she lowers her arms from her face.

Roxy shakes her head in frustration, "I can't do it!"