Prologue

(A/N: Sorry for any mistakes.)

Y/N's POV:
Today was Lauren's 15th birthday day. I got her a friendship necklace that's a heart cut through the middle it's says "Partners in Crime" I got her this because we always did crazy things together. I walked to her house and knocked. I waited patiently. Mike opened the door with a smile. I smiled back. "Hey Mr.Jauregui." He chuckled. "Gosh Y/N how many times do I have to tell you? You can call me Mike." I smiled showing my dimples. "Sorry." He laughed and let me in.

The party was a surprise party. Lauren thought I was at my grandmas house so she thinks I'm there. Her aunt took her out she just texted Mike that they were on their way. They told me to hide in the backyard. A couple minutes later I heard them walk in. "SURPRISE!!!!!" I heard Lauren squeal. "Thanks guys."

Clara singled me to go in. Lauren's back was facing me I got the little box out of my pocket and put it in front of her. "What the-" she turned around while holding the box that she took out of my hands. "Y/N/N!"  She jumped on me and wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist.

She opened the present that I gave her. She took out one side of the heart. "Do you l-like it I know i-its no-" "I love it but who has the other side?" I took out the other side, that I had under my shirt. "No matter where you are or what happens I will always be your best friend, you partner in crime, your shoulder to cry on. I'll always be here for you." I smiled she had tears in her eyes. "I will always be here for you too Y/N/N." I held out my pinky. "You promise?" She hooked our pinkies together. "I promise."

3 weeks later I was walking to Lauren's house cause she's been avoiding me and ignoring my texts. For a week now. I was at the corner of her street and saw a....moving truck? The truck drove off. And then I saw Lauren walking out the house to the car with a suit case. I walked faster but when I was a little closer she looked up at me and had a sad and guilty look. She then mouthed "I'm sorry." And with that she got in the car and they drove off. I was hurt in tears how could she just leave like that? How can she do this to me. She broke our promise. I called and texted her but she wouldn't answer. I even called Clara and Mike but they also wouldn't answer. Why'd they leave me like that they were like my second family.

I slowly went back to my house and saw police officers there. I slowly walked up to them. "What's happening?" They looked at me sadly. What's wrong? The tall police officer crouched down to my level since I was short. He put his hand on my shoulder and the words he said made my world crumble down even more. "I'm sorry but your parents have passed away they were in car accident early today."

A couple days later after the funeral I went back to the house. "Your gonna have to back a bag you'll be going to a foster home, I'll wait in the car." I looked up at him with tears coming out of my eyes and nodded. I went in the house and got my adidas bag and backed clothes, money I had saved up which was well over 3,000 dollars, my camera, my family photo album, and my guitar.

There was no way I was going to a foster home. I went and sneaked out the window as soon as my feet hit the ground. I ran faster than I've ever ran before. I was leaving Miami. I may be only 14 but I can do this I can live on my own. I'll go to L.A. To start a new life get away from everything. There was nothing for me here. I had no one here in Miami.

I was at the airport I already bought my ticket which was pretty cheap. "Flight from Miami, Florida to Los Angeles, California boarding now in gateway 1432." I walked up to the airport lady and gave her my ticket. I was on the plane looking out the window.

**********

Gonna be making some changes. Some will be small others big clearly depends on the chapter.

✌🏽💜
-Moni