Chapter 44

Lauren's POV

I woke up from where I was sleeping. I smiled as I saw that Y/N was still asleep. I smiled and leaned up to kiss her cheek.

I'm very happy that everything turned out okay. My baby is fine. And that's all that matters.

"Oh your awake. I'm just here to check her vitals." I looked up to see a nurse. I smiled slightly and nodded.

After the nurse was done checking she said that the doctor would come in here soon. I nodded and she left.

I felt her stir in my arms. I looked down and saw that she still had her eyes closed. I smiled kissed her forehead.

I looked up to see that doctor came in followed by John and Nikki B.

The doctor he looked down at Y/N. Who was still asleep.

"The surgery went well. She'll be able to leave with in two maybe three days if everything turns out fine. She'll feel tired and sore. She'll feel discomfort around the cut and in her muscles -- including itching, tightness, and numbness along the incision -- are normal. But it shouldn't hurt as much as it did before her surgery. I'll prescribe her some pain medication. For the first 6 to 8 weeks, gradually build up her activity, such as doing household chores. But make sure she doesn't stand in one place longer than 15 minutes. Don't lift things that weigh more than 10 pounds. Don't push or pull heavy things. Walk every day. Also healthy food choices help the healing process. It's common after heart surgery to be sad or blue, but these feelings should pass after the first few weeks. If they don't, talk to me about it. So she won't have these emotions get to her make her to walk on a daily bases, Pick up her hobbies and social activities, make sure she shares her feelings with others. She'll need a good night's sleep. Limit visits to 15 minutes at first. Many people have trouble sleeping after heart surgery. But she should get back to a normal slumber pattern within a few months. If pain keeps her up, make sure she takes medication about half an hour before bedtime. Arrange the pillows so she can stay in a comfortable position. She'll probably need to rest after activities, but make sure she does not try to take a lot of naps during the day. In the evening, she needs to avoid caffeine, including chocolate, coffee, tea, and some sodas. Settle into a bedtime routine, perhaps listening to relaxing music. Her body will learn these cues mean it's time to snooze. Call me if lack of sleep starts affecting her mood or behavior. Other than that she should be fine." The doctor finished telling John, Nikki and I. He nodded and said that he'll come back when she's awake.

I looked down at the girl who was in my arms. I'll make sure she's okay.

"She'll be fine." I looked up at John and nodded. Soon the everyone came in quietly.

"How is she?" I looked up and saw the girls. Dinah sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Well she hasn't woken up yet but doctor said she should be fine." I said as I looked down at Dinah.

****

We were all still in the room waiting Y/N to wake up. Everyone left besides Nikki B, John and I. Saying Y/N shouldn't be too crowded with a lot people. They'll be back but just two at a time.

John and Nikki were in the cafeteria so I was alone with Y/N.

I looked down when I felt Y/N stir in my arms. She slowly opened her eyes but then closed them again. I waited patiently.

"L-Lo?" She softly whispered. She then opened her eyes slowly once again. She looked up at me. I smiled slightly at her.

"Hey how do you feel." I whispered. She looked down. "S-Sore r-really t-tired." I nodded and pushed the bottom that was on the side of the bed. So the doctor could come in.

"I-I'm r-really t-tired." She went to close her eyes. But I quickly stopped her. "Y/N babe you gotta stay awake. Doc is on his way and John and Nikki really want to see you." I said she sighed nodding and laid her head back on my chest.

*****

3 days later

It's been three days since the surgery and I still feel so tired I just want to go to my bed and rest. Simon was here and he cried happy tears knowing I was okay.

The doctor is letting me go home today he gave me some medicine for the pain and he also gave me a list of what not to do or eat. Like I pretty much can't do anything. I can't help anyone I'm going to useless.

I was in the bathroom looking at the the cut in between my breast. I made sure I locked it. It looks so weird. It hurts but not as much as it used to. I don't know why Lauren is still here. She's been here since the day of the surgery and I'm starting to feel like she's tired of me. I mean taking care of someone who just had heart surgery is going to be hard.

The cut was at least 5 to 6 inches long. I jumped when I someone knocked on the door. I quickly but carefully put on my hoodie since I couldn't really put on my bra.

I opened the door to see Lauren. She smiled slighty. See not even a full smile. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom with the help of Lauren obviously.

"Come on John and Nikki are waiting they already signed the papers for you to go." She picked up my bag. I went to get it but she quickly stopped me.

"I got it." She slightly smiled and took my hand. Leading me to the front where Mom and Dad were at.

My legs were starting to get tired and I've only walked for like a two minutes. How the hell do they expect me to walk for 15 minutes or more. Every day.

"Hey pumpkin come on every one is waiting for you back at home." I looked up at John and nodded.

***

We soon arrived to the house and Lauren once aging helped me out the car.

We went in side. I looked around and it was quite. Every one was probably out or not here. Doctor did say something about keeping visits short.

I sighed and looked down.

" Come on babe. Doc said you needed rest and tomorrow we'll start the road for you to get better and stronger!" She said flexing and smiling. I smiled and shook my head chuckling slightly.

"John! Nikki! I made her smile and chuckle!" Lauren cheered. I smiled. Maybe I'm getting my stupid emotions mixed up again. Doctor did say my emotions well be all over the place.

"Come on well go watch Netflix and watch your favorite shows. Charmed." She took my hand in hers and led me to my room. She fixed the bed while I freshened up in the bathroom.

I slowly walked out of the bathroom after I was done. She smiled and helped me lay down on the bed fixing the pillows for me.

"Thank you." I whispered as I played down. She smiled and pecked my cheek.

"Your welcome. And I know what you've been thinking. Your thinking about the same thing you thought of last time. You think I'm getting annoyed and that I'm getting bored of you." She said looking at me. I looked down knowing she was right she.

" Hey I'll never get tired or annoyed of you. I love you Y/NN and if I have to run back and forth to prove it to you I will. There's nothing that well stop me from loving you. If you want me to go out side and on the roof and scream out that I love Y/N Y/MN Y/LN- Cena then I well." She said in all seriousness.

" Cause I will." She got up from where she was sitting. I quickly grabbed her by the wrist. "No you don't have to. I believe you. I love you too." I said looking up at her she smiled and sat laid next to me.

"Okay now rest tomorrow well be a big day." She kissed my forehead. I smiled slightly and nodded.

********

There's a chapter for ya lovely people hope ya liked it.

Love ya
Stay safe

Xoxoxoxo-❤💙💚💛💜🌈🌈