Chapter 3

When the car finally came to a stop, Cody came around to my side and opened the door. I got out and realized we were at my favorite place on earth. We were at the lake. I've been here so many times before, but not for two years. When I was 12 we moved to Elk Grove. I loved the Lake. It was the only reason I didn't want to leave Lodi.

"Lodi Lake?" I asked breath taken. There was a blanket out on the grass and with a picnic basket.

"Yep,"

"You do know this is my favorite place on earth? I know every square inch of it by heart." he just smiled. We sat down on the blanket. It turns out it wasn't picnic food, instead Chinese take out. From my favorite Chinese food place in Lockford. After we ate he wanted me to show him around. Being that 'I knew every square inch by heart'. 

"I should really get back my mom will be worrying."  

"I doubt that." He said with a mysterious smile. I agreed after that and we went through my favorite part. What my family called the Wilderness area. We went down the dirt path. 

"If you look through these tress really hard, you might see some deer."

"Well I've seen enough squirrels to kill a person with."

I laughed, it was true there was a lot of squirrels. We walked along in awkward silence, until we got to the pavement. We continued up to the other dirt path and up the hill. Where there was a bench that looked out to the river. On the other side of the river, was farming. Cows, and chickens and stuff like that. Off in the distance there was a highway.

"Where did you used to live, when you lived here?"

"Did you like stalk me or something? I mean how would you know that?"

"I have my ways."

I sighed, "Down the street just on the other side of the rail road tracks,"

He nodded. We were sitting on the bench. I was blushing like crazy.

My best friend is going to kill me. I looked over at  him and I could tell he was dying to sit closer. Suddenly, I got up and started to run. I don't know what I was  thinking I just kinda did it. I could hear him running behind me trying to catch up. But I was a good runner, and I was leaving him in the dust.

"Hey!" I heard him yell. For some reason, I was determine to get to the car that was waiting in the parking lot.  I got there way before he did and told the driver to take me home.  I felt kinda of bad for leaving him there with no clue how to get out.  I heard my phone ring in my back pocket. The caller ID said Cody put I never put him in my phone..... 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, how do I get out of here? And where are you?"

"Follow the path, and on my way home."

"You're on your way home?" he asked sounding alarmed and disappointed.

"Yep, now leave me alone."

I hung up on him.