Chapter 7

The next morning I slept in late because it was Saturday. I looked out my window to see if Cody was gone yet. It appears he has.... but I don't know what time he left. I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I made myself a bowl of cereal and  went back to my room to eat it on my bed. I opened my net book.  And I opened Twitter. When I looked at my metion's. I had about a billion. All form Cody. I looked at the trends. #Brittany+Cody<3 was trending!!!! I screamed. I always wanted my name to trend but never like this. My mom came into my room. 

"Whats wrong?" 

I held out my net book and dug my face into my pillow.

"Aw baby.... " My mom said while hugging me. "On the bright side your name is trending!"

"Yeah, next to Cody's!"

My phone started ringing. It was Cody. I pressed Ignore. Exactly what I wish he would do to me. He kept calling back. I finally answered, just to tell him off. Mom left when I picked up the phone. 

"Hey. Wh-" 

"Do you happen to know that #Brittany+Cody<3 is trending?!?!? And why did you tweet me a billion times?" 

"Well no I didn't know that was trending," by the sound of his vocie I could tell he was smiling.

"It's not funny." 

"Well I'm sorry sweetie I-"

"Don't call me 'sweetie'!" 

"I don-"

"Just leave me alone!" I hung up on him. Again. I turned my phone off.

 I waited for weeks for him to call me, but he never did. So I took the chance of calling him. But I got his voice mail. 

"Hey, It's me Cody! Leave a message!"

"Hey Cody, its me. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for telling you off like that. Call me back! Bye."

That had to at least be in the top ten most awkward phone calls.

It was weeks before he called me back, and I had already turned fifteen.  I was in school when he called.

"Hey, Brittany its me Cody. Meet me at the blowing alley at 8. see ya later!"

Abby helped me get ready for tonight after school. 

"You look amazing!" she said. I was wearing a loose shirt, white with black music notes on it and a black tank top and shorts. I looked at my phone. It was seven thirty and the blowing alley was on the other side of town. "

"OMG!! I gotta go im gonna be late!" I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. 

When I got to the blowing alley, I looked around for Cody. It took me forever to find him. I saw himstanding around texting. Texting out of all things. 

I looked at my phone. I had a message form Cody. 

. Where are you?

. Look up.

I looked up and we seemed to do it at the same time. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Cody!!!!!" I yelled and ran into his arms. When he finally let go, he said, " You look beautiful."

I blushed a little and said " Thanks."  We went over to the counter to get our shoes. Once we got them on, He insisted that I go first. So I did. I sucked, like usual and got complete gutter ball. Himon the other hand was amazing and got a strike. 

"Lucky," I said doing one of those flrit punches on him. 

"I could show you how,"

"Just like your gonna show me how to play guitar?"  He smiled. I grabbed the ball, and he stood behind me holding my arm Helping me throw it. I got a perfect strike.  

Cody, of course won. After that he walked me home. I immediately got the Hey Stephen song by Taylor Swift stuck in my head. The part that goes: As we walked and we talked and I didn't say half the things i wanted too. Especially being that we didn't say anything. We were in fornt of my house now. 

"Thanks for taking me bolwing it was fun, good night."

"Your weclome, good night." I truned to leave but he caught my arm and said, "Wait," I had a feeling he was going to kiss me and he did. He did it with all the the strength he had. If he wasn't holding me a problay would've fell down. 

"Good night," I said again and turned to go inside.