pain

I'm standing in front of German's house right now..i feel bad for him. Really bad.
"Oh hello..it was Angie, right?" His mom asked. "Yes, haha, nice to see you again mrs Ramos." She looked down. "Come in..Diego is upstairs."
What was wrong with her? She seemed upset after i called her mrs Ramos..and where is his dad?

I walked into his room. "Angie?" He said. He was lying in bed and wanted to get out. He seemed to be in pain.
"No, stay like that." He lied his head on the pillow again. "It's no problem Angie, I'm okay." I walked to sit next to him. "You didn't have to do this.." i whispered. "I couldn't break the promise to myself.." i got a litte confused. "What promise?" I asked going over his hand with mine. "The promise..that i won't ever let anyone hurt you.." he kissed my cheek softly. The feeling he gives me in my stomach is unbelievable.
The words he says feel so real.
So meaningful. He seems to care about me a lot.
I felt myself leaning in and he did the same.
When our noses were touching and his hot breath was on my lips....
I stopped, realizing something.
"Did you make that promise before you hurt me?" I whispered.
"I never meant to.." he said playing with my hair.
"Angie, I was going through a hard time. My parents..they were in a divorce. I couldn't tell anyone..i swear, i have trusted you like no one else..but i had also made my mom a promise. She didn't want anyone to know. I couldn't focus on anything else.." i could actually see the pain in his eyes. It felt like a stab in my chest. And this explains why his mother seemed so upset.. "I wish i could have given you the attention you deserve.." tears fell down my cheeks. I'm such a bitch for not caring about his feelings.. I mean, he could have told me..but still. It's horrible what he got to go through.. "I'm here for you now, German." I squeezed his hands. "You're not alone anymore.." i whispered.

Would you forgive someone who has hurt you badly even though you still love them?