The Excuse

Grace's P.O.V

*one week later*

It's been a week since Chester and I last talked. He's been so busy, but I have been living. I have to get ready for work, and it occurred to me that I haven't told anybody at school that I am pregnant. I shrug it off and look through my options.

A guidance counselor can wear sweats right? Is there a ruling against that?

I decide to throw some leggings and and a overly sized sweater. I'm not gonna wear heels for VARIOUS reasons, so I throw on sneakers. I then make it to the school

*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sit at my desk and it's pretty uneventful. Lots of kids don't come to the counselor cause they are usually afraid of talking to someone who can take action. I bang my fingers on the desk and turn on my laptop and take some Buzzfeed quizzes

After a while of doing various things (which include me pacing around my desk 10 times, watering some plants 100 times, searching up what to do when you are pregnant and sending some weird links to Mamrie) I hear a knock on my door. The pencil that's balanced on my nose falls and I say "Come in"

Vanessa walks in and she gives me a smile and closes the door.

"I need help with college." She says and I nod. I look at the time

"Isn't it your lunch?"

She pulls out a sammie from her bag. She unwraps it and smiles

"Yup. So, I was thinking about becoming a teacher? Cause I saw how you enjoyed it, but maybe not with teenagers because even though I am one, I hate them all. OMG that sounds terrible I'm joking." I give her wide eyes. I hear the things she is saying, but WOW she is saying so much. I sip my drink and nod at her

"So you want to be a teacher?"

"Maybe? I mean I know you can't discuss this but how much do you make a year?"

"You're right, I can't discuss this. But I am a guidance counselor, and they earn different amounts. But, there is Google." I type in teacher salary and rotate the computer to show her the screen.

"Hmmmm, ok. Maybe a doctor? But what kind of doctor? Maybe a dentist, ew no I can't look at other people's mouth. Maybe a pediatrician? But then I'll have to give little kids shots and they'll cry for days. And college for that, phew that's too many years."

"It sounds like you are conflicted. Just tell me your interests." Before she opens her mouth, I quickly add "Interests that you can make a career out of." She closes her mouth and takes some time

"I can cook?" She says

"Okay, we can work with that. You could be a private chef, or work at a restaurant, or even better, make your own restaurant, but that is a little far fetched. Now-"

"Wait, making my own restaurant sounds pretty legit. I know it is going to be difficult, but I can do it. Tiana did it!"

"Tiana?"

"Tiana? Princess and the Frog? Gosh, you can't be that old." I laugh and shake my head

"So you want to open a restaurant? That's good, but you have to think of all the things. You are gonna have to work somewhere else to gather up the money, probably take some loans out from the bank, you are also going to have be original with what you are selling. Also, do you want it to be nationwide, countrywide or only in this state?

"Okay, wow Grace, stop scaring me with all the facts. I know, but it's gonna take time isn't it? I'll go to college, get a steady job and see where life takes me from there. Aren't you supposed to help me actually get into college first, geez." She covers her mouth. "I'm sorry, I sound like a total bitch. I'm on my period. Speaking of that, do you have any extra pads?" I sigh and open my desk drawer and gie her two.

"Great, what are some good colleges for culinary?"

"Well, do you want to stay here or go out of state, country?"

"Oh heavens I'm not leaving this country just to take school. What are some here in Cali?"

We search up some schools for a while and I send her links for two in California.

"If you need help with your essay or shit like- oh shit I swore, aw damn I did it again. Don't get me fired." She laughs her head of before saying

"Don't worry, you're on your period I'm assuming? I mean you have sweats on and you gave me pads pretty quickly." She takes a bite of her sandwich

"Actually, I'm pregnant." I say, nonchalantly. She almost chokes.

"WHAT?!YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!?!? OH MY GOSH!!!" She drops her sandwich on my desk and runs to give me a hug.

"I'm so happy for you."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I unlock the front door and it doesn't open all the way. I push through and when I finally get in, I see a ton of....boxes?

Mamrie comes down the stairs carrying a box and Jake also carrying one. She eyes me and gives me a smile

"GRACE!" She puts the box down slowly and gives me hug. Jake waves from behind and I give him a slight head nod. 

"Jake asked me to move in with him and I said yes! Isn't that-"

"Wait, what? You're leaving me?"

"Look at it this way. There are three rooms here. Considering how you are already pregnant and all" She pokes my belly to remind me and I chuckle "I think you would be better off in this house with Chester. Consider this my baby shower present." We both laugh and she stops

"No seriously, this is my present." I make an upset face at her.

"Don't not be my best friend anymore."

"Don't worry Grace, I'm not going anywhere."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 (A/N) The story part of this ALMOST made it to 1,000 words. 

Anyways does anybody here watch Mr.Robot? I finished the first season in three days and I'm hooked.

No? Just me? Ok