The Trial Run

Grace's P.O.V

I wake up to the smell of eggs and toast and I get up my bed with a huge groan, holding my back and rubbing my belly. These children are really a bitch.

I walk down the stairs and I see Veronica making some breakfast. She smiles when she sees me.

"Hey Grace. Want something to eat?"

"Nah, I'll have some cereal." I pull out some cereal and milk from the fridge and sit down at the mini bar so I can see her.

"Where'd you learn to cook?"

"Home Ec at school. It actually was useful. Then there were some classes I took at a pizzeria near my home. They gave me a discounted price once I told them what my life is like. Then they gave me a job there. It was a good thing I guess." She shovels her food onto her plate and eats some hash browns.

"Do you work?" She asks me

"Yeah, I'm a guidance counselor. Chester is a teacher. We go back to work on Monday. What month is it again?"

"March." She says to me eating some more food

"Um, what day is it?"

"The 14th, why?"

"Oh my gosh, it's our anniversary." I say, putting my hands on my head.

"Really? How long?"

"Six months? I think. Yeah, six months."

"Wait really? You guys have only been dating for 6 months? I would have thought you guys have been dating for a whole life. Wow you got pregnant AND engaged in that time span? You're good."

I laugh and eat my cereal.

"Are you gonna do anything special?"

"Yeah, give birth to his children 5 months later." I say and we both laugh.

Chester comes down with Vanessa, both with horrendous bed head.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Chester asks and we laugh even more as they look absolutely ridiculous. Chester and Vanessa both shrug and find something to eat.

"Hey, I thought we could show you guys around San Franscico? If that's what you want. Maybe you guys could find a job at the mall or something." Chester says

"Sureh, that'll beth cool." Vanessa says with a mouthful of cereal.

"And then maybe help us buy some baby stuff? We don't have much in the nursery." I say. We don't have anything in the nursery actually.

"Oh my gosh! Yes. It'll be so cute." Veronica asks

"Are you gonna have a baby shower?" Vanessa asks

"Maybe when I'm closer to pop." I say, rubbing my stomach.

"You don't know the gender?" Vanessa asks

"No. My best friend knows, cause she is planning the shower, and she wants this HUGE gender reveal so." I say. I wanted to open the envelope so badly, but I guess it'll be nicer at the shower

"Okay, well, whenever you guys are ready. We'll go." Chester says and bolts up the stairs.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We let Vanessa drives because she knows how, well, kinda.

"You almost hit a person!" Chester screams from the front