Chapter 1

Cursive is what Veronica Roth wrote and normal is where my story starts...

Tris pov:
"I know what you did," i say. I start to back up, hoping that the accusation will distract him. "I know you designed the attack simulation. I know you're responsible for my parents death-for my mothers death!" "I am not responsible for her death!" David says, the words bursting out too loud and too sudden. "I told her what was coming just before the attack began, so she had time to escort her loved once to a safe house. But she was a foolish woman who didn't understand making sacrifices for the greater good, and it killed her!" "My mother wasn't a fool," i say. "She just understood something you didn't. That it's not sacrifice if it's someone else life you're giving away, it's just evil." I back up another step. "I didn't come to steal anything, David." I twist and lunge toward the device. The gun goes off and pain races through my body. I don't even know where the bullet hit me.
I can still hear Caleb repeating the code for Matthew. With a quaking hand i type in the number on the keypad.
The gun goes off again.
More pain, and black edges on my vision, but i hear Caleb's voice speaking again. The green button.
So much pain.
But how, when my body feels so numb? I start to fall, and slam my hand into the keypad on my way down. A light turns on behind the green button. I hear a beep and a churning sound. I slide to the floor. I feel something warm on my neck. Red. Blood is a strange colour. Dark. From the corner of my eye i see David slumped over in his chair.
And my mother walking out from behind him. "Hello Beatrice," she says and smiles. "Am i done yet?" I say and i'm not sure if i actually say it or just think it and she hears it.
"That is your desicion." She answers smiling. "How can it be my desicion?" i ask confused. "You can just let go and come with me, or you stay with your friends." Images of Caleb, Tobias, Christina and everyone else flashes through my mind. And i make a desicion. "I can't leave! I'm sorry." I say and she nods "You will have to fight hard but i know you can do it. I love you so much." She says and than suddenly she is gone and i just hear steps outside the door. Just when i'm about to close my eyes i hear a voice yell: "Beatrice!" The voice belongs to Caleb, he came. "Beatrice stay awake! I love you! Just stay awake!" He trys to pick me up and once more pain races through my body and i groan silently.
The last thing i remember are calming movements of Caleb and his fast breathing.

Tobias pov:
I jump out of the truck and see Zeke helping Hanna. I walk to the entrance and i know Caleb suceeded because there is no one around.
Cara waits for us and she has a bandage around her head, but that is not what me concerned. What concerns me is the troubled look on her face. "What is it Cara?" I ask. "Tobias, I'm sorry." She says, tearing up. "What is it? What happend? Where is Tris?" I ask with a cold hand grabbing my heart. She would have waited here for me. "Tris, she-, she went into the weaponslab for Caleb. She survived the deathserum but David waited in there and he, he shot her." I can only faintly hear Christinas scream and every other sound is muffled as well. Why would Tris do something like that? I even only barely feel someones hand on my shoulder and the someone shaking me. Caras face suddenly is infront of mine and she says: "Maybe she'll wake up." "How can she wake up when she is dead?" I scream at her. "Tobias, she isn't dead! Just in a coma!" Amar says and i look up. "What? Where is she?" I ask and jump up. "In the hospital..." cara says. "Show me!" I demand and she cringes. "I can't." "What? Why not?" I ask getting furious. "The doctors said no one should see her." "Show me where she is!" I yell and walk towards Cara. She backs of and says: "Tobias! They said..." "I don't care what they said! Show me!" I answer still yelling. She is at the wall now and i look down at her. "I can't..." she squeeks. And i turn around and punsh the wall. Instantly pain rushes through my hand i groan. I'm such and idiot. Why would i punch a wall? I turn back to Cara when i suddenly hear a voice: "Tobias, come with me." I turn around and see Matthew. "Will you show me Tris?" I ask him and he nods. Then he turns around and walks away and i quickly follow him. What happened? Where is she? Will she survive? Why did cara said i couldn't see her? Why did she went in there instead of Caleb? What is happening? All of these questions are running through my mind. And before i realise what happened we are already standing infront of big white doors. "So Tobias. This won't be easy for you. You'll just have to ignore the tubes, iv's and machines she is attached to..." "alright can i just see her?" "Yeah in a minute. We have to put these, and these on and don't forget this." He says while pointing first to a gown, than to surgical masks and last to weird hat things. I follow his movements and he helps me closing the gown. He shows me how to bind the surgical mask behind my head and finally puts the hat thing on and stuffs all of his hair under it. "Ok, so they had to stop Tris' opperation because her heart stopped beating and they couldn't let her under anaesthesia so they had to leave a part of her stomach open. So don't be shocked if there is a plastic film over her stomach." I nod and suddenly i'm scared to see her. Matthew opens the door and i step in. I look at the bed and there she is. I barely recognise her because of the tubes in her throat, the iv's in her arm, the film over her stomach and the machines attached to her. But it's her! It's my tris. The girl i fell in love with. The girl that always were there for me. The girl that kept strong and were selfless her whole life. I walk to her bed and can't say anything. I just stare at her. She still is beautiful! "Can i hold her hand?" I ask matthew whispering. "Well you can try, but if i say so you have to let go you have to do that immediatly!" I am confused but still nod. I stand next to her and take one of her hands in mine. Matthew keeps starring at her heart monitor. I just rub circles on her hand, like i used to when she was standing next to me. My throat seems to be glued together and i can barely breath. I choke and matthew looks at me. "Are you alright?" He asks and i can't answer. I just keep staring at Tris. And although when i look at her in this state it feels like i couldn't breath and my world would breake down any second it also is calming to see her face. Matthew looks away and stares at the monitor again.
After a few minutes i regain my voice and ask: "Why are you staring at her heart monitor like that?" My voice still shakes slightly. "One more minute!" He just answers. And another minute later he suddenly cheers. "What, what is it?" I ask him. "Well, her heart rate always were a little bit to low, but when you touched her it went back up to normal. And the longest time it was normal were five minutes and now she already has the normal heart beat for 10." I smile and he adds: "I'll be right back! Don't move." I nod and he sprints out of the door. I lean closer to Tris and whisper: "He is a little bit crazy..." Suddenly Tris' heart starts to beep like crazy and all of sudden there is only a long beep noise and a flat line on the monitor. In no time multiple doctors and nurses rush in. They get out some kind of paddels and suddenly Matthew shouts: "TOBIAS HAND AWAY!" i release her hand just when the doctor shocks her. Her heart still doesn't beat and the doctor shouts: "Again! Charge to 300!" And they shock her again. I get shoved out of the room just when they shovk her. I slide down the wall across from her room. I'm helpless! I can't do anything! "There it is!" The doctor says and my head shoots up. I am allowed in the room again and Tris heart is beating again. Everyone sighs out of relief and the doctor even smiles. The nurses and two of the doctors walk out again but the one who just shocked tris and Matthew stay. "Hello. I'm Dr Smith. I'm the one who operated Tris." I nod and take his hand. "Hello. I'm Tobias." "I suggested that after matthews shout." I smile a bit and take Tris hand again. "Aprops Matthew, didn't you want to tell me something?" He says, this time towards Matthew. Matthew tells him about Tris' heart rate and he just nods. They keep talking but after a while they both walk out.
I sigh and rest my head on Tris' bed and slowly drift off into sleep.

Yeah, first chapter!
Hope you liked it

Jojo