Chapter 80

Three years later

I open the door after a long day. Today it was Tris turn to pick up the kids. I already hear Ans laughter when i enter. Little Nathalie sits on Tris lab. She is only one and a half but already such a clever girl. The pregnancy with her wasn't as risky as the first one. We were better prepared and tris was stronger and not so unsure. The past few years have been the best in my life. They all look up at me when i enter. An hops from Tris lab and runs towards me. "Daddy!" He squeels. "Hey buddy." I say and grin. Tris smiles balances nath on her hip and walk towards me as well. "Hey princess." I say and kiss Naths head. And then i finally kiss my wife. The day at work was exhausting. Tris notices it immediatly. "Hey an, why don't you take your sister and you two play a bit?" Andrew nods and i set him on the floor. He walks better by now. He waddles towards his and Naths room. Tris takes my hands in hers and presses her forehead against mine. "What happend?" I shortly press my lips to hers. "The normal thing. I just got into a huge discussion with this new guy James." I sigh and she rubs my arm. "You are his boss. Just tell him what to do." I nod. "I guess you are right." I stop for a second and then add grinning: "As always." She grins as well and kisses me again. She is so beautiful. She turned 25 a few weeks ago. More beautiful than anyone i know. But now that i look closely i see a shadow on her face. I pull away. I curse myself that i didn't notice before. "And what about you? You look tired." She pulls away a bit and turns her head away. "Its nothing." She mumbles. I turn her head so she is looking in my eyes again. "I can see that its not nothing. What is it?" She burries her head in my chest. "There is this kid. Tobias he is dying. I can't do anything." I feel her tears on my shirt and hold her close to me. She still can't really handle the deaths of her patients and luckily it doesn't happen often. I stroke her hair. "Do you want to tell me?" I ask. She slowly nods. We sit on the couch and she lays her head on my shoulder before she starts. The boy has a defect that can't be healed. They can only make his symptoms better but can't heal him completely. In the end Tris cries again. Again i stroke her hair and let her cry out her frustration. After a few minutes she is calm again. She kisses me and sits on my lab. I peek over to the childs room. The door is shut. I smile into the kiss and pull her closer. I lift her up and her legs stay around my hips. I carry her into the bedroom withoit breaking the kiss. I lay her down and deepen it. She smiles as well and pulls me even closer towards her.
After a few minutes of kissing and letting our hands travel over each others bodys it knocks. "Mummy? Daddy?" I groan a bit and quickly hop down the bed. "Come in." I say while Tris sits up. The door opens and An waddles inside. I walk towards him and he reaches up his hands. I pick him up. "What is it?" "I was scared. You not there." He has a small lisp because of that every word sounds super cute. I cuddel him closer to me and he wraps his short arms around my neck. "We won't go anywhere. I promise." He nods. Tris hops down from the bed. "Come on. Lets get your sister and then we make dinner, okay?" An nods and claps his hands. I smile and tris goes to get Nath.
We meet in the kitchen and sit both of the kids on the counter. "An watch your sister." Tris says and winks. An nods eagerly and steadies her with an arm around her back. Tris smiles and kisses the top of the head. "Good job." He grins widely. Tris and i start to prepare the dinner. While we start cooking an starts telling about his day at kindergarten. "Mummy teacher showed me new notes for piano." "Oh. Do you want to play for us?" She says and i smile. An nods eagerly. An has a real talent with the piano. He loves playing it and always plays in his freetime. The bad thing about that is that he has nearly no friends. He is way to shy. Apart from Jonas - Shaunas and Zekes son - and Elias - ninas and matts son. Although elias is a bit smaller they all like each other a lot. So an sits at the keyboard we bought him and starts playing. Its a not that complicated song but for a three year old its pretty impressive. He plays every single tone right and if he misses once he is angry with himself. When he misses the same tone again he starts stamping his foot. I quickly walk over to him. "Andrew, andrew. Calm down. Its fine. You don't need to play it perfectly at first try." He crosses his tiny arms. "Yes i do!" I pick him up and put a strawberry in his mouth - he loves them. He smiles a bit again and i do too. "Here you go. You will just try untill you can do it. You know if you want to reach something you have to train hard." He nods eagerly and i kiss his blonde hair. "Here we go." I sit him next to his sister again and he steadies her. I kiss the top of her head as well and then help Tris again. I stand next to her and start cutting the tomatos. She kisses my cheek. "You are an amazing daddy, Tobias." I smile. "You are an amazing mummy." She smiles as well and we kiss shortly. An gags a bit and covers naths eyes. We both start laughing. Then the door bell rings. I look at tris questioning and she shrugs. I shrug as well and walk into the livingroom to open the door. When i opend it Uri, Mar and their daughter Sophie. "Hey guys." I say and smile. "Hello." "Come in." I say and step aside. They both enter. I already hear naths unsecure steps on the floor. She stumbles around the corner and i quickly pick her up. "Hey princess. Look who came." She claps her hand and reaches her arms out for uri. He grins and takes her out of my arms. "Tobias? Who came?" Tris asks out of the kitchen. I don't get to answer because An already waddeled into the livingroom and now squeels: "Uri and Mar!" Tris comes out of the kitchen and smiles. "There is no need for an answer anymore." Sophie and an give eachother a cute baby hug. Then an pulls her with him and shows her his cars. In the meantime Uri and Nath still play something. I smile and lay my arm around tris shoulder. "What brought you here?" Tris asks after she hugges uri and mar. They shrug. "Because of your job we barely ever see you and we just thought we could come by." Tris smiles. "Thats nice of you. And i even have a surprise. I didn't want to tell you just now but i can't hold it back anymore: we will go on vacation! All of us! All our friends, all the kids!" Mars mouth drops open and then she jumps into her arms squeeling. "Thats amazing!" I laugh and bro hug uri. Nath between us complains a bit and we both laugh. 
As i said - best years of my life...

Alternate Allegiant Ending~it Lasts In LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara