Chapter 69

Tris pov:
I wake up because of the alarm clock. I hear a cracking noise and the tone stops. "Whups..." Tobias mumbles. I slowly sit up. "What did you do?" I ask while rubbing my eyes. He smiles innocently and says: "I think we need a new alarm clock." I laugh and then suddenly a wave of nausea hits me. I jump up and run into the bathroom. I puke my guts out and Tobias holds my hair back once again.
After i brushed my teeth he slowly kisses my neck from behind. "Did you eat something wrong?" I shake my head and turn around. I press my head into his chest. Don't cry! Don't cry! Don't... crap. I feel the tears running down my face. He makes me look at him. Again his blue eyes are full of concern and worry. "Tris, please tell me. You are really scaring me." I shake my head. "Its nothing. I am fine." "Oh really? Thats why you cry?" He says sarcastic. I glare at him. "Yes!" I turn around and walk out of the room. I quickly put on a pair of jeans, a shirt and slip into my jacket. "Tris... where are you going?" Tobias sad voice says from behind me. "University." "You didn't eat anything." I shrug. "I will buy myself something on the way. I am-" "Fine?" He asks and when i turn around he raises his eyebrows. I walk up to him and peck his lips. "I really am. See you tonight. Bye." He sighs. "Bye." I quickly leave the apartment and drive with the elevator down.

When i arrive at the university i am eating a sandwich and drink a hot chocolat. I thought about buying a coffee but its not good to drink coffee when you are pregnant. Nina waits for me infront.

"I can't believe we are writing our final exam in only two months." She says and shakes her head. We turn left into lecture hall 6. I nod. "Yeah, its kind of weird. I mean then its over and we will be doctors." She nods as well.
After our last course Nina and I walk towards the hospital. I told her about the pregnancy and also that i didn't tell tobias. She said she would accompany. I am glad she does. I called the gynecology of the hospital and got a spot at 7 pm.
At exactly 7 pm its my turn. Nina follows me inside. A middle aged woman sits infront of me. "Hello. I am doctor Parker. You are tris prior?" "Eaton. Tris eaton." She nods and changes it. "Ok so what is your problem?" I clear my throat. "I am pregnant. I don't know how far along and i just wanted to check up on the baby." She nods. "Of course. Is this your wife?" She points at Nina. I laugh a bit and shake my head. "No. My husband couldn't ehm come..." she doesn't question it further. She just nods and i follow her into another room. Nina stays behind. I lay on the stretcher and she smiles at me. "So lets look at your baby." She purs the cold gel on my belly and then rubs the stick over it. We both look at the screen. She smiles and points to a small point on the screen. Its just a small point but its my baby. I smile. "You are about one week along. Do you want to take a picture home with you?" I nod. "Yes. That would be nice." She prints it out and hands it to me. I wipe of the gel and take it. I hop down from the stretcher. "Lets make another apointment in about three weeks. Then you will be further along. And Tris you are pretty young, that is not ultimatly something bad but you are also pretty thin. You will have to watch closly what you eat and what not okay? I will give you some cards and flyers to inform you about everything. If you have a question feel free to call me." I nod and shake her hand. "Thank you. I will be carefull."

I arrive back home with my bag full of flyers and books about babys. I should tell tobias now. I know it for sure now. I unlock the door and Tobias waits for me on the couch. Suddenly i am unsure again. I am so afraid of his reaction. Maybe he changed his mind... Only then i realise that i am standing in the doorway and stare at him. "Tris?" He asks. I shake my head and shut the door. He groans and walks over to me. He turns me around and i look into his eyes. I burry my head in his chest and start to cry. Stupid hormones. The doctor said that there could be problems when i am not eating healthy or enough. I shudder. He notices. "Tris, please tell me what is bothering you. I want to help you. I really do." "I-i-i-i-i..." i stutter and burry my head in his chest again. "Come on. I love you." He whispers. "I-i-i am pregnant." I whisper the last word so quiet i don't think he hear it. "You are hungry?" He asks confused. I shake my head and look him into the eyes. "I am pregnant." I say again. This time louder. His face falls for a few seconds and his brain processes what i just said. When he realises what that means he picks me up and spins me around. I start crying even more. This is what i was afraid of. He stops when he notices. He sets me down. "Aren't you happy about that?" He asks and wipes away my tears. I nod and start crying even more. "I am afraid. So afraid." He presses his forehead to mine and kisses me lightly. "You don't need to be. You will be an amazing mother. I know that for sure." I cry even harder. He doesn't understand. He takes me into his arms. "What am i supposed to do tris? Tell me. Please. Its killing me to see you unhappy." "I-i- the doctor said that its a risky pregnancy. Because i am so young and so thin." I sob into his shirt. "Everything will be fine Tris. We can do this. Together." I cry even harder. I am not able to stop. He kisses me on the lips, on the forehead, on the cheeks, everywhere. I just can't stop. "Tris what am i supposed to do? Tell me please. This is torture." We sit down on the couch and he pulls me into his lab. I clutch his back and sob. "I want my mom." My voice is shaking from the sobs that rack my body. I feel something wettning my head. He is crying. "I would give you everything but i can't give you that tris. I am so sorry." He sounds helpless. "I know. I just miss her so much. So so much." He kisses me but i feel nothing. This is scaring me. I pull him down to me again and his lips touch mine. Again i feel nothing. I cry harder. I am numb. Feelless. Cold. "Tobias i am so afraid. I can't do this. I am only a little girl." He holds me close towards him. "You are not. You are anything but that. You are strong. I love you. So much. More than myself and i already love that baby." I kiss him again and our tears mix. And there it is. The spark. It lights up my heart and i kiss him more passionate. "I love you too." I say in between kisses. He kisses me again and my tears finally stop. We can do this and then we will be parents. Amazing parents. "We will be parents!" I say and smile. He nods and smiles slightly. He takes my head in his hands and locks his eyes with mine. "Yes we will." He kisses me passionate and for a few seconds my worrys are gone. I believe that we can do this. That i am strong enough. Tobias strokes my hair and kisses the top of my head. "I was so scared tris. I thought i did something wrong." He mumbles. I look at him and fit my mouth onto his. He sighs. "You could never do anything wrong." I whisper. He kisses my forehead.
After that we just sit om the couch. But the worrys slowly start to cripple up into my brain. They infect me like a disease. I hide them better now. He won't notice. I clutch Tobias back and burry my head in his chest. "Hey, it will be fine. We will be fine. Okay?" I just nod. "Okay."