Chapter 71

Two month later:
Tobias pov:
Tris runs into the bathroom as ever. I am up fast as well. I hold back her hair as ever. She leans over the toilet but nothing comes out. She chokes a bit. She starts crying and i fold her into my arms. "Are you alright?" She shakes her head no. She is thiner than ever. She still works full time and barely keeps any food inside of her. I am so worried. I am worried all the time. I wish i didn't have to be. "Come on. We'll visit dr parker." She nods and i help her get up. She is showing a bit by now. She holds onto me for support while we both brush our teeth and get dressed. I steady her under her arm. Her face is pale and her hands are cold. I wrap one of mine thick sweaters around her. She smiles a bit. I hand her a water bottle and a chocolat bar. She eats/drinks both. Then we already leave. I just want her being checked up as quickly as possible.
When we arrive at the hospital Tris is even paler. Why didn't i notice earlier? I quickly get out of the car and help her out as well. She holds my arm for support. I steady her with my arm around her hip. Like this we walk inside. I step up to the desk. "Excuse me, could we get a wheel chair? My wife isn't feeling so good." Just when i say that Tris suddenly goes limp in my arms. The woman behind the desk jumps into life. I pick up tris and hold her in my arms. I check whether she is still breathing. Her breaths are flat and shaky. The woman is back with a doctor in no time. They have a stretcher as well. I lay Tris on it and run beside it when they wheel her away. "What happend?" Her breaths are short and flat. "Her name is Tr..." "i know who she is. I am her supervisor." The man says and looks at her worried. "Ok, so she is three months and three weeks pregnant. She doesn't keep in the food so well and barely eats anything. Today she couldn't even throw up. She had nothing in her stomach." The doctor nods. "Who is her gynocologist?" "Dr parker." "Lindsay, go get her." The woman runs off. We already arrived in a room. The doctor conects Tris with a machine that shows her heart beat. He pokes her with a needle and takes some of her blood. He makes her an iv and hangs a bag with a yellowish liquid at the stand for it.
Dr Parker comes into the room with two younger people. One of them is nina. When nina sees who it is she stumbles backwards. She pulls herself together fast. They check Tris heart beat and connect another wire. This one sticks on her stomach. Another heart beat appears. Its faster than tris. Its another. Just then i realise that it has to be the one from our baby. The doctors work around Tris and i just stare at the small monitor with the fast heart beat of our baby. Dr parker smiles. "What is it? Is she fine?" I ask. Dr parker nods. "Yes. She simply didn't have enough nutrients. The yellowish liquid is full of them. She should wake up in a about half an hour." I nod and a tear escapes my eye. Nina stays behind a bit longer. She steps behind me and lays a hand on my shoulder. "You never told me that Tris condition was so bad. Why is she so thin?" I sigh and stroke Tris forehead. "The baby won't let her eat. She keeps throwing up." Nina nods. "I really hope it gets better." I nod as well. "Me too."
When Nina is gone i take Tris hand in mine and stroke the back of it with my thumb. "Tris i love you so much. I always loose you." I sigh and lay my head on her arm. "You will never loose me." I hear a weak voice. My head shoots up. Tris tired eyes look at me. I smile and kiss her on the lips. "Tris..." she just holds her finger to my lips and then pulls me towards her. I burry my head in her shoulder. "I was so worried." She nods and strokes my hair. "I know." We stay like this for a long time. At some point i laid a hand on her stomach.
Dr parker comes back half an hour later. She smiles at tris. "Could i talk to Tris alone for a minute." I stand up but Tris holds me back. "No its fine. He can know." Dr Parker nods and sits down on one of the plastic chairs. "So Tris, this pregnancy keeps getting more risky. Its possible that your child will be born to early or that he or she doesn't make it. Another possibility is that you won't surive the birth giving. That is pretty unlikely but there is a small chance." I squeeze Tris hand while she squeezes mine. "As i said its very unlikely but i have to inform you about the posibility." We both nod. "Of course its also possible that it will be a pretty normal pregnancy from now on but its most likely that the child will be born a little bit to early and that you will have a few problems." We both nod. "Okay and how is it possible that Tris can die during the birth giving?" I ask with my voice shaking. Tris squeezes my hand. "Tobias the chance that this happens is really small." Dr parker nods. "Yes thats true. But there are a few possibilitys because which this could happen." I nod but i am not calmed. "Okay. Tris you will have to take three pills per day. Each after one of your meals. I will write you a receipt. Its easier." Tris nods. "Okay thank you. Tobias i will have to lay here a little bit longer could you go and buy it already?" I nod and take the small paper on which Dr Parker just wrote. I slowly walk towards the pharmacy. I can't handle the thoight of loosing tris. I pull my cellphone out of my pocket and dial Zekes number. Just then i remember that we didn't tell them about the pregnancy. Only Christina knows.
When i come back to the room Dr Parker and Tris are talking. "Thank you." Tris says and just shakes Dr parkers hand. "No problem. Goodbye." I shake her hand as well. "Could i just talk to you for a minute?" Dr parker asks me. I am confused but nod. "Okay." We walk outside. She smiles. "Tris seems like a fighter and that might be a dangerous thing in this case." I frown. "Why?" "Well, if she ignores pain or doesn't aknowledge it it could be dangerous for her and the baby." I nod. "I will watch her closely." She nods. "That is good." She flashes a smile. "Goodbye Tobias." Before she walks away i hold her back. "One more thing Dr Parker." She turns around again. "Yes?" I clear my throat. "Well, please don't get me wrong but if you ever have to decide between Tris and the baby please choose tris. I love my baby but i can get a new one and i can't get a new tris." She nods. "Of course. But we will also have to talk to Tris about that." Everything inside me cringes. I know what her answer will be... I force a smile and just nod. "Okay. Goodbye." She leaves and i walk into Tris room.

About two hours later we are allowed to leave again. I am pushing Tris in a wheelchair infront of me. She looks a bit better and holds her hand over her stomach. I will have to talk about the deciding thing with her. But i will do that tomorrow.

In the evening we lay next to eachother on the bed. Our hands intervined between us. I turn towards her and pull her towards me. Her head now rests on my chest. I don't see the tears but i feel them. I feel them on my shirt. I carefully tilt her head so she is looking at me. I lay my hand on her cheek. "What is it?" She sniffs. "I am scared." She says it so quiet that i barely hear it. I press my lips to her forehead. "You don't need to be. Everything will be fine." She nods and i press my lips to hers. She seems to forget about everything and just pulls herself closer to me. I pull away a bit. "I love you." I mumble. "I love you too."