Chapter 34

Tris pov:
As soon as i am sitting in the car Luke starts talking. He talks and talks and talks. Time to time i am glad he talks and i don't have to. I can just listen and distract me from already missing Tobias.
After a two hour ride we arrive at the bureau. For the third time i drive trough the multiple gates which are less guarded now. "A lot has changed in the bureau." Luke says and then he is quiet.
We get out of the car and i see David waiting for us. Everything inside me cringes and i hear the echo of the gunshots rinnging in my ears. I stumble backwards. Luke looks at me confused and i have to remind myself that this is not the man who shot me, this is not the man who nearly killed me! I walk towards him stiffly. "Hello Tris." His voice rumbles through my body. he has the same voice! Of course he has Tris! Don't be stupid! "Hello David." I greet him. "Sorry, but did we meet already?" He asks confused and i scold myself for being so stupid. "Ehm no, i-i just heard Luke say it so..." david smiles and nods. "Ok, lets show you your labratory." David says and walks inside. I follow him.

The first thing i notice when i enter my labratory is the stinging smell of the cleaning stuff they are using. I look around, there are a few desks for mixing and phiols like i saw them in my chemistry lessons. There also is another room with a MRI and a Catscan. There are more tools, some of them i recognise, some i don't. I am in awe once more. "This is amazing." "Yes, this is the same room Nathalie Prior used." Suddenly i feel a pang in my chest. She stood her, at this place. She touched this tools. David smiles. "We are very sorry for the loss you had to bare with. I hope this will help you. You will start your work tomorrow and meet everyone. Luke will guide you to your resistance for your stay." I choke out a "Thanks." He nods and leaves. "A bit overhelming, isn't it?" Luke says grinning. "Well, yeah... I - I'll just have to get used to this." He nods. "I am sure you will." I smile slightly and nod as well.
Luke guides me to my apartment. He unlocks the door with a key, he hands me afterwards. "My apartment is number 33. Just at the end of this corridor. I will pick you up at 7 pm tonight and show you the cafeteria. And tomorrow we will start working at 9 am. Feel free to come to my apartment any time." I nod. "Thank you. For everything." He smiles and squeezes my shoulder before walking away.
I turn towards my new apartment. It's pretty big for one person. I have a small kitchen, a bathroom with a shower and a toilet, a bedroom with a dresser and a bed and a small living room with a comfortable couch. My suit case is already lying on the floor in my bedroom, infront of the bed. The first thing i do is starting to unpack it. I place all my clothing in the dresser and lay my sleep clothing on the bed. I picked out a shirt from tobias and a pair of shorts from him. I stare at those clothes for a few seconds before i force myself to look away and finish my unpacking.
When everything is packed i sink onto the couch. What do i do now? I decide to call Tobias. I dial his number and he picks up after three rings. "Tris?" He asks eagerly. "Hey Tobias." I say sighing. Every time i hear his voice it is relaxing.
To- How is it?
Tr- Well... it's a bit overhelming. David showed me the lab and...
he interrupts me: "What? You are working with David?"
Tr- yeah, i was shocked as well. I couldn't really talk to him.
To- they-they can't do that! How can they make you work with him?
Tr- it's alright. They don't remember and he doesn't as well.
To- yeah i know but that is so argh! I can't...
Tr- Toby, i won't work closly with him. He is just the leader of the bureau and so he had to great me.
He doesn't say anything at first. Then he speaks again: "I already miss you." He sounds sad. "Yeah, me too. I have this really big apartment and i feel lonely." "Yes, i can understand that." "We can make this, okay?" "Okay!" He answers and i smile.
We keep talking till it knocks. "Wait a minute." I say. I stand up and open the door. Luke stands infront of it smiling. "Ready to go?" He asks grinning. I nod. "One more minute!" Then i disapear and take my phone again. "Tobias?" "I am here." "I have to go now. It's dinner time." He sighs. "Ok, i love you." "I love you too." I answer and then hang up.
I follow luke through the hallways. He guides me towards the long, blank hallway i already know. "So, this leads directly towards the cafeteria. You can get your own food tomorrow and cook at your apartment or you can go to the cafeteria and eat there. You will probably meet some of your co-workers." I nod and wipe my hands at my trousers, something i havn't done in a long time. He opens the door and holds it for me. "Thanks." I step into the cafeteria and follow Luke to a table with three young men and a woman. "Hey Luke!" One of then shouts. He is large and thin, has struppy blond hair and looks friendly. "Calm down Jeremy." The man next to Jeremy says. This one has really dark hair but the same facial marks like Jeremy. They both have a long thin nose and both the same glittering, hungry, green eyes. I guess they are brothers. The other one on the other side of Jeremys brother has light brown hair, small kind of grey, smart looking eyes and a small mouth. The girl has long light blond hair and light blue eyes. She is pretty. They all smile apart from the one with the thin eyes. The one who shouted - Jeremy - grins and shakes my hand. "Hello, i guess you are tris." I nod. "Yes. Tris Prior. Nice to meet you Jeremy." He laughs. The boy who looks like Jeremy only with the dark hair greets me next: "Hey i am Justin. Awesome that you are here. Auston, Jeremy and i are in your team, along with luke of course." He winks towards Luke who rolls his eyes. "So i guess you are Auston then?" i say towards the one with the light brown hair. He only grunts and Jeremy speaks again. "Don't take him to serious he is a bit closed up to strangers." I just nod and smile. "And i am Cathrina but you can call me Cath." "Hey you four." I say smiling. I am a bit easier among other people now. "So, lets get us something to eat." Luke says and guides me towards the food line.
At the table everyone tells a bit about themselfs, except from Auston. I find out that i was right about Justin and Jeremy being brothers. Cath is from the fringe but was rescued when she was really young. Justin and Jeremy are both born in the bureau. Cath and Justin are obviously in love but can't addmit it. Jeremy and Luke keep giving each other looks when they try to flirt (Justin and Cath). Auston barely participates in the conversation only on specific themes.
After dinner i found out that Jeremy and Justin are living pretty close to me. Cath lives on the other side of the compound and i have no idea where Auston lives. Luke guides me to my apartment.
Infront i ask him: "What is wrong with Auston? I mean he doesn't seem so... i don't know open..." he laughs "no, he certainly isn't open to strangers. He is... well i met him here in second grade and well he is perfect to just talk, if you talk." I laugh as well. "Yeah, maybe i'll just have to get to know him closer." He nods. "Yes, ok you should go to sleep. I will pick you up at 8.30 am tomorrow." I nod and get in. "Good night Luke." "Good night Tris." Then i close the door.

So Tris is in the bureau.
Hope you liked it

Jojo ♡