Chapter 17

One week later:
Tobias pov:
Today i finally get released out of the hospital. It wasn't that bad though. Tris did her week at the hospital while i lay there and duo to that point she visited every day and didn't even miss any work. I am still relieved to get out of here. I stretch my arms, which hurts a lot less than only a few days ago. It still hurts though.
Only a few minutes after i woke up it knocks. "Come in!" I shout. The door opens and Tris and the fellow medical students step in with dr bailey in the front. "Hey Tobias." Dr bailey greats me. "Hey everyone." I great back. Tris quickly stands next to me and takes my hand. I squeeze hers a bit and she smiles. "Who presents?" Dr bailey asks the 7 students. Tris raises her hand and starts talking: "Tobias Eaton, 19 years old. He were shot in the stomach and had an emergency surgery. He were lucky and the bullet didn't hit any vital organs." She keeps talking but i don't understand anything so i just watch her talk. Than i realise she stopped talking and everyone is staring at me. I blush and Tris giggles a bit. "Very good presentation. You only forgot to mention that he will be released today." Dr bailey says smiling. "Oh yeah sorry." Tris apologises. "No problem. We will finish our round and you can help him pack his things and than you have the rest of the day off." Dr bailey says smiling. "Yeah of course i will help him but there is this one operation i would like to watch..." tris says shily Dr bailey nods. "Sure. You have to ask him..." she points to me and than turns around and walks out with the others following. Tris stays at my bed. "Is that alright?" She asks carefully, biting her lip. "Of course. I mean i could stay in the hospital a little bit longer and when this operation ended we can go home together. Two houres more or less don't make a difference." I answer and she smiles. She kisses me and thanks me. "No problem. But how about we already pack my things and than we walk around or something like that..." i suggest. "But tobias... you know you shouldn't move to much!" She reminds me. "Yeah, yeah i know but you are with me and can help me! Please, come on Tris!" She thinks about it and than nods. This time i kiss her and we only pull away for air. "Ok, lets get started!"
She helps me sit up slowly. Everything hurts. My stomach, my legs, my arms, my chest, everything! I clench my teeth to keep me from groaning. Tris gently places a hand on my back and with the other she holds my arm. She has a pained expression as well. I finally sit on my bed and hold my hand up to signal that i wnat a break. "You still want to walk around the hospital?" She says sarcasticly. "Are you kidding? I could run a marathon!" She laughs and than helps me stand up. I stand on my legs shaking. I have to find my balance. I lay one arm around Tris' shoulder and she steddys me with her arm around my hips. "Are you sure you don't want crutshes?" She asks. "No! Am i a pansycake or what?" Although it already is exhausting just to stand and i feel my heart beat in every part of my body. "Ok maybe i should use them..." i mumble, giving in. She slowly takes her arm away from my hip and stretches to reach the crutshes, that are leaning on the wall opposite from us. I than have to put my arm away from her shoulder and stand alone. She quickly walks over to the wall and returns with the crutshes only seconds later. She carefully places one hand on my chest and steadys me. She hands me the crutshes and i sigh. I take them and lean a bit weight onto them. Tris smiles. "Here you go! Good job!" I smile a bit as well. I sway a bit and Tris instantly places an arm around my hip. Like this i walk a few steps. It gets easier and i figure out how to balance my weight properly. Tris arm still steadys me when i walk towards the door and than outside. The steps become easier and i enjoy beeing on my legs again. We walk around a few minutes untill i feel my legs getting weak. "Let's return." I say. Tris nods and holds my hip tighter to stop me from falling. I slowly walk to my bed and than sit down with tris' help. "You've done great! Good job." She resures me smiling. I smile back. "Thanks. But i will have to take a wheelchair for our way back home. Don't i?" She nods. "No offence but otherwise we would never arrive at home." I fake glare at her but the corners of my mouth turn upwards. "Ok, i'll pack our things and than we can go home." She says. "But didn't you want to watch this operation?" I ask. "It's alright. I honestly just want to spend time with you." I don't want to hold her up if she wants to watch. "I think i have a check up anyways. It doesn't matter if you go." "I know you don't have one! It really is alright toby." She answers laughing. I roll my eyes but pull her towards me and lay my arms around her hips. She looks down at me and we both smile. "I love you Tobias." "I love you too Tris." Than she leans down and kisses me softly. I pull her closer and my hand travels up amd down her back. She tangels her hand in my hair and her other hand is behind my shoulder. I love this girl so much. We pull away but keep our forheads together. We both still smile. "I have to pack now." She wriggles out of my grip still grinning. I laugh and lay down. "A pitty that i can't help you..." i say sarcasticly and she throws the shirt she has been folding at me. "Watch out Tobias Eaton! I am the one to cook your food for the next weeks." I do a fake shocked expression and she grins. I laugh and she joins in a few seconds later.

20 minutes later:
"Goodbye Dr bailey. Thanks for everything." Tris says and shakes Dr baileys hand. "No problem! It is my job after all." We both smile and she shakes my hand as well. Than Tris pushes my wheelchair out of the door. Matthew is waiting with the truck infront of the hospital. "Welcome in the real world!" He says and hugs tris. "Thanks for picking us up Mat." He pats my shoulder. Now the difficult part starts. I have to get into that truck... Tris helps me stand up and slings her arm around my waist again and like that i walk the few steps towards the truck. I let myself fall onto the seat and sigh. Mat and Tris throw my wheelchair in the truck and than tris sits next to me while Matt starts the engine.
When we arrive at our apartment house Zeke Uri Shauna and Christina are waiting for us. I get out of the truck with Tris' help and sit in the wheelchair again. Tris pushes me towards the entrance. "Hey guys!" I say smiling. "Hey you three!" Christina greats us. She and Tris hug quickly and than we emter the building.
The elevator brings us up and for the first time i'm glad there is one.
As soon as Tris unlocks the door everyone fills in. I get pushed in the livingroom and the others sit on the couch, the armchairs... somehow everyone finds a place to sit. "Soo, what do we do now?" Tris asks. "I dunno. Maybe Candor or Dauntless?" Uri suggests. We all shrug and he smiles and rubs his hands, "lets begin!"

Candor or Dauntless next chapter.
Hope you liked it

Jojo ❤