Chapter 76

Listen to the song above while reading ;) I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Tris pov:
I open my eyes. My vision is still a bit blurry. I think i see Tobias face. Yes its him. He looks away from me. His eyes focused on somethig else. I hear a faint wail and then a few seconds later i hear Tobias say: "He is beautiful." I try to smile but it won't work. I feel so tired but i want to see my son. Right now. I strenghtlessly squeeze Tobias hand. He turns towards me and in the next second his face is at my neck and i feel a few tears on it. "Tris..." he wheezes out. I finally manage a smile. "M-my baby." I whisper quietly. He still hears it. He straightens a bit and holds the people back who just want to roll away the imcubator - one of them is Dr Parker. The box with the glass walls gets wheeled infront of me and i blink a few times untill my sight is clear again. There he is. My beautiful baby boy. I look at him for what seems like an eternity. He has my nose. And Tobias hair. And Small tiny eyes that are still closed. I smile a bit and squeeze tobias hand that i still feel in mine. Then my baby boy gets wheeled away. I don't object. They have to take care of him. When they all left the room only me Tobias and another doctor stay behind. The other doctor smiles at me. "Tris, i will take care of you now. You will get transfered in another room. Later today you might be able to see your son." She smiles a bit and i nod. She stars cleaning everything up. She throws away bloody towels and then gets out a sponge. She strts to clean me but i stop her. "No wait. I will take a shower." She raises her eyebrows at me. "Tris you..." "I will help her." Tobias comes to my help. The woman then slowly nods. I think i know her. She is in my assistant year i think. Tobias helps me sit up. Pain races through every part of my body. Send from my belly. I groan a bit. Tobias stops moving me.
After about ten minutes i am sitting in a wheelchair, dressed in a fresh hospital gown. Tobias pushes me towards the shower. He places me under it while i am still sitting in the wheelchair. Before i can refuse the shower is on and the warm water trickles on me. Tobias removes my hospital gown and then takes a sponge. He washes away the blood and the sweat while i just lean back and relax. After a bit of silence he looks up at me. His shirt is soaking wet and sticks to his body, his hair glitters with water but i still see the tears on his face. I put my hand on his head and slowly stroke it down till my hand lays on his cheek. "What is it?" I ask. My voice is still weak. He crys more. "Lets talk about it later." I just nod and close my eyes.
When i am clean again tobias dries me up and puts a new hospital gown on me. I smile and bend his head down to me. I press my forehead against his and smile a bit. "Thank you." He nods and kisses me short and soft. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I respond.
In my room tobias lifts me on my bed. Just then a thought comes into my mind. I turn towards him. "What do we want to name him?" I ask. He smiles a bit and looks at me. "I told them to name him... Andrew. I just thought because of your dad i thought that would be a good name." I feel myself tearing up. "Do you think that is a good idea?" I smile widely and nod. Then i press my lips to his. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I whisper and burry my head in the crock of his neck. He strokes my hair and then whispers: "Do you want to choose the second name?" I shake my head no and when i look up he looks at me confused. "No, i want you to pick the second one. Andrew is the name i would have picked." He smiles a bit and then starts to think.
After a few minutes he looks up and smiles. "Two options: Nathan or Jake." I voice the two options in my head: Andrew Nathan or Andrew Jake. I decide fast. "I like Andrew Nathan better." He smiles and nods. "I think me too." I kiss him again and then rest my forehead against his. "You should call our friends." I say and he nods. He gets out his phone and intervines my fingers with his. I close my eyes and my exhaustion takes over.
I wake up to people whispering. I open my eyes and barely see anything. There is a small lamp in the corner of the room that makes the room apear in a reddish light. Around this lamp stand about five silhouetes. "Hello?" I ask into the room. The whispering stops and their heads turn towards me. Someone steps next to me and takes my hand. Tobias. "Tris, how are you feeling?" He asks quietly. "Better. And i am really hungry." Since my eyes adjusted to the darkness i see him smiling. "Uri, could you go and get her something to eat." "Like what?" I hear uris voice from the foot of my bed. Tobias looks at me and i think. "Maybe a soup or something like that." He nods and leaves the room. Someone turns on the light next to my bed and i am finally able to see my friends. As soon as i look at chris she comes forward and hugs me tightly. "Why didn't you call me?" She asks with a kind of hurt tone in her voice. "Well, i was to busy having imense pain." She laughs a bit and squeezes my shoulder. Tobias next to me has a pained expression. "How is Andrew?" I ask no one in particular. Nina answers: "He is stable. His heart is beating steady but he still needs oxigen but as you know that is normal." "Did he open his eyes?" I ask. She bites her lip to supress a smile and nods. "Yes. Do you want to see him?" I nod but Tobias says: "Could you leave Tris and me alone for a second before we visit him?" They all nod and leave the room. I look at him confused. "Is everything fine?" I ask. He looks on the floor. "Why didn't you call me?" "What?" I ask confused. "Why didn't you call me in the office? You said you had imense pain but still didn't call me... why not?" I bite my lip. I don't want him to feel guilty but i don't know what else to say. So i whisper quietly: "I tried..." he looks at me confused at first and then realisation hits him. "Y-you mean in the meeting?" I slowly nod. He groans and pulls me towards him. "I am so sorry Tris. I-i should have answered the phone then you wouldn't have had so much pain. I am so sorry." I stroke his hair. "Its fine. Really." I say although it wasn't fine. I was shot several times and tortured but this pain was more than any other before. I don't tell him that. I won't ever. "Nl its not fine. Why didn't this stupid sarah gave me the phone? Didn't you say it was an emergency?" I bite my lip and look down. "No, not directly."
When i see the expression i quickly add: "And at that point it wasn't so bad." He shakes his head. "Tris... this meeting wasn't that important. You would have been so much more important." "I didn't want to disturb you..." i argue but he just shakes his head. "Sometimes you are an idiot Tris." I roll my eyes. "You too." He smiles a bit and then kisses me. "Next time please just tell me. It doesn't what i am doing matter you are always more important." I nod. "Okay. I promise i will." He helps me to sit up and then picks me up and places me in the wheelchair. He wraps a blanket around me and i smile at him. Then he starts pushing me outside. Uri just returns with my soup and i eat it on the way. We take the lift to the third floor and i tell them where we have to go. Several people greet me and i greet back and show them my friends - my family.
Finally we arrive az the neo intensive. We walk trough the doors and i look around. There are a lot of incubators. Tobias pushes me towards one in the right corner. And there he is Andrew Nathan Eaton. I look at him. He is so beautiful. I reach inside the incubator through the holes made for that and touch his small hand. His fingers wrap around my pinkie and he holds it tight. "You have a firm grip little boy. Little andrew." I coe. And then he opens his eyes. I am stunned. He has tobias stricking blue eyes but he has a sparkle of grey in them that makes them mysterious. "Tobias" i whisper. He stands behind me and looks into the eyes of our son. "He has your eyes..." I say and start to tear up. "With a sparkle of yours." He finishes my sentence. He leans down and kisses me. "This is our son." I say unbelievingly. "I can't believe that we have a son now." He smiles and nods. Then he turns towards out friends and announces in a quiet voice: "Ladys and gents i present the one and only Andrew Nathan Eaton." Everyone stands around the glass box and they all look at my baby - our baby - tobias and mine baby. I smile widely. "Oh my gosh he is so cute!" "He is the cutest baby ever!" "I just want to look into his eyes forever!" "Look how cute he holds Tris' finger!" I don't know who said what but i just smile. Everyone gives me a quick hug before we all look at Andrew again. He opens his small mouth and yawns a bit. All the girls and Uri go: "Awwww" I just smile proud and when i look at tobias i see that he wears the same expression. "Oh i nearly forgot!" Chris says and facepalms herself. "I got a present for little An." "Little An?" I ask and laugh. "Well do you want me to call him drew?" She asks and raises her eyebrow. "Hell no!" I say and shudder at the thoight of him. His carrot red hair. Ugh! Tobias rubs my shoulder and everyone thinks about drew apart from caleb, Matt and Nina, they only look confused. Mar explains it to them but i don't listen. I am just amdiring the cute little baby boy. Then Chris taps my shoulder. I turn around and she holds a packet infront of my face. I laugh. "Chris, you wouldn't have had to..." she interupts me. "Yes i would! I am the godmother after all." She smiles and then zeke asks: "Wait as a godparent you have to buy a present?" We all laugh and Tobias says: "Its fine. You don't have to." Zeke nods and then i unwrap the present. It has a small romper suit in it. It has a big red 4, a black +, a blue 6, and a black = on the front and on the back a 'best parents'. I smile widely. "Thank you so much chris. Its so pretty. Did you want to destroy sterotypes with the exchaned colours?" She laughs and nods. "You know me to well." Everyone else starts laughing too and so we laugh quietly next to little Andrew.