Chapter 44

The next day:
Tris pov:
I am sitting on my couch - crying. I still can't believe Jeremy made me say that. How could i be so wrong about him? He is always with me now. At the lab, at the cafeteria, everywhere. He doesn't even let me go on the toilet without my phone. He is so paranoid that i tell someone about his little 'act out of love' - what he calls it. I just call it black-mailing.
He now comes out of the bathroom grinning, while waving my phone in front of my face. There is a message open but i can't read it while he waves the phone so much. I punch his arm away and snap: "What? Isn't it enough that you threaten to hurt Tobias if i don't do what you want? What else do you want? Shall i lick your feet?" He taps his chin with his index finger, "tempting, but no. I have something to tell you. Your precious little Tobias just wrote you a sms. He is coming here, to ask you what happend. I didn't think it would be so easy to hurt him." "No!" I scream and jump up. "No! You have what you want! I broke up with him, and am living with you now! Leave him alone." Tears are running down my face, i don't want tobias to get hurt. Jeremy grins and i just want to punch that smug grin out of his face. "Well, i got a much better idea then." He comes over to me and whispers into my ear and my eyes grow wide...

Time laps to Tobias' arrival:
I am standing infront of the bureau, waiting for Tobias. He is about to arrive. I can see his car driving through the first and then through the second gate. My heart feels like it could explode. It gets riped out when he steps out. They hit it with a bat when he looks at me lovingly. They hit it again when he wants to hug me and i have to push him away. They hit it again when i see the hurt look in his eyes. I steel a quick glance at Jeremy - waiting behind a window - watching me. I step away from Tobias and my eyes tear up when i think about what i am about to say. "Lets go inside." I say and pull him with me at his sleeve. He follows me and i quickly let go. I've got an idea and only a few seconds. I pull him into a broom cupboard and quickly close the door behind me. He looks at me questioning and i quickly say: "tobias, please don't listen to anything i am going to say in the next 10 minutes. I have to say it, believe me." Before he answers i shove him out and we stand infront of eachother. "Tris, what is happening here? I just don't understand!" I take a deep breath and then start screaming: "You know too well what is happening! You wanted to go home with that girl! You-you are an asshole and i hate you! Stay away from me, as far as possible! We are done!" I rip the engagement ring from my finger and throw it at his chest. I mutter, "I hate you!" Before i walk off. But the only thing i want to do is turn around, jump into his arms, kiss him and tell him that i love him. But maybe he'll find the message...
Tobias pov:
She walks off and her body is racked with sobs. The note she threw at me is already safely put into my backpocket. I look at the engagement ring in my hands. The note was sticked inside of it, she must have carried it around the whole day. I have to play along. I start to tear up and then run away - hoping that it looks like i don't want anyone to see me cry. I sprint towards a lab. I look through the little window and see that it's empty. I push open the door and slip inside. I take the note from my pocket and read it:
IV, i love you with all my heart. Don't believe anything i said. Jeremy is black mailing me, beware of him. Apartment 33.
Help me!
Love VI
I smile and crumble the note in my hand. I will help you Tris! Hold on.

Tris pov:
As soon as i am around a few corners Jeremy is by my side. He harshly grabs my arm and pulls me with him. "You think you can just vanish without punishment? Huh?" He storms in his apartment and throws a backpack at me. "Take this and put your things in!" "What?" I ask with more fear in my voice than i'd like to show. "We are leaving. Pack your things." With shaking hands i throw some of my clothing i had to put at his apartment into the backpack. I even manage to snatch Tobias large T-Shirt and hide it in the backpack. I only get about three minutes to pack my things before Jeremy shoves me out of the back door. I left a hint for tobias at jeremys apartment. I hope he gets it. I put the backpack on my shoulders and Jeremy instructs me to put on my hoode. I obey and like this we walk - my arm in his firm grip and me looking at the floor the whole time - towards a back door. When we get through it there is a woman standing next to a truck. A woman i know too well... Nita! She obviously doesn't recognise me. She throws the car keys at Jeremy and he catches them with one hand and grins. "Thanks Nita. You've been a fat lot of help." "No problem, always for my baby cousin." She sticks out her tounge at him and he rolls his eyes before pushing me towards the car. He opens the back door and i get in, he doesn't close it yet. He turn towards Nita and starts talking to her. This is my chance! I slowly craddle forwards and then carefully hop out of the car. Then i run. I run as fast as i can. I hear Jeremys shout: "Hey! Tris, Stop!" But i don't even think about stopping. Then i hear loud pang and my leg gives in under my weight. I crash onto the ground and scrap my jaw and my hands. I curse under my breath and then feel the sharp pain in my left leg. I suck in air through gritted teeth. That asshole shot me! I hear his steps coming closer. "You really are stupid. Get up idiot." He snaps and janks my arm up. "Are you kidding me? You shot me in my leg...!" "Oh shut it you big sissy... i used only neuro stimdarts... they only simulate the pain of a real gunshot. It only lasts a couple minutes. Now get up." I first carefully lean onto my elbows, then my knees and then i stand in front of jeremy. "Come on now! We've wasted enough time!" He takes my elbow again and pulls me with him. My leg still pounds but it stands in no comparsment to how it hurt before. When we arrive at the car again i slump onto the back seat and pull the neuro stimdart out of my leg. I throw it away, towards the back door and then the engine howls and we start to drive. Drive away from tobias, from safety...

Now Tris has been kidnapped! Oh shit! ;)

How will Tobias find her?

What hint did Tris left for Tobias at jeremy apartment?

And a question for my readers:
Whose point of view do you want to see?

1. Shall i mix them,
2. shall i do only Tris or
3. only Tobias?

Hope you liked it,

Jojo ♡