Chapter 46

Tobias pov:
After i read the message from Tris i quickly run to the meeting point. Zeke, Matthew, Christina, Will, Uriah, Marlene, Cara, Caleb, Nina, Shauna and indie (hold at a leash by Christina) are all waiting for me. When they spot me they start walking towards me. "Come on, i need your help! Jeremy kidnapped tris he is holding her in apartment 33. Where is that matthew?" Matthew thinks shortly and then he remembers ad stars running. He all follow him. He turns left, right, right, left, right, left and then we stand infront of a door. A 33 is on the door. We knock impatiently and when after a few seconds no one opend i jump against the door- trying to break it open. Soon all the boys join me and we have the door down in only a few seconds.

When we enter the apartment i see no one. The first thing i notice is that its really messy, there are things laying around everywhere. I recognise some of Tris' things. Indie barks and i walk towards him. He found a tshirt from tris, laying at the back door. When i walk a few steps i find another one. Indie runs down the path of clothing, laying with about 15 meters distance. Soon all of my friends found the tray as well and follow indie and me. The path leads to a back door. I open it and reveal a back yard. There are tire tracks, leading away from the bureau, through a gate. Then something glitering in the eye catches my eye. I pick up and can't make out what it is. It's longish and silver. I walk over to Matthew who is examing the gate. "Matthew, i found something." He turns around and i let the small thing fall into his hand. He looks at it and then nods. "I know what that is. That's a neuro stimdart. They simulate the pain of a real gunshot but it only lasts a couple of minutes." He looks at it closer and then sucks in air through his teeth. "What?" I ask quickly. "There is blood on it. My guess: Tris tryed to run away and he shot her with that." I clench my teeth. "What do we do now?" I hear shauna ask behind me. I shake my head. "I don't know." I say and let my head hang down. Zeke rubs my shoulder. Then Uri speaks up: "Does he still got her phone? If yes couldn't we track the phone?" We all turn towards matthew, Cara and Caleb. They all nod at the same time. "Ok, come on then. No second to waste!" Marlene says and we all jog inside again.

Three hours later Matthew, Cara and Caleb searched the whole area around the bureau within a radius of 50 kilometer via computer. They found nothing. They extend the search while Christina, Will, Nina and Marlene go and talk to Justin, Auston and Cath. Uriah, Zeke, Shauna and I go and search for David.
We find him in his office. When we enter the secretary stands up and gives us a smile that non of us return. "Excuse me, do you have an apointment?" She asks. "No." I respond. "Then i am sorry. I can't let anyone in..." "Our friend got kidnapped and we want to talk to David right now!" Just in this moment David steps out. "Celin, what is the problem?" I step forwards and have to keep myself from punching him in the face. "My fiancée was kidnapped and i want to find her." "Oh my... what is her name?" "Tris Prior." "Tris Prior..." he mutters. "Does she work here?" We all nod. "Come in, come in." We all step in and for the next hour we talk about plans to rescue her. First we decide to ask Nita since she is the closest relativ Jeremy has here at the bureau. David arranges a meeting with her tomorrow and then assigns us a room to sleep.

Another two houres later it already dark outside. I lay on my cot. They placed us at the hotel again. The others shuffle around but i just lay on my bed with indie in my arms.
A bit later my phone makes a noise. I pull it out of my pocket and freeze. "Guys..." i say but my voice comes out pressed so i repeat it: "Guys, come here. Tris send me something." They all immediatly are by my side and i turn on the video she send me.
The screen first only shows a white wall but then the camera pans and shows someone on the floor. This someone has a large bruise on the cheek and blood drips from the shirt. When i recognise the person i nearly drop my phone. Tris! Everyone gasps. The video continues. Jeremy speaks up: "Tell Tobias how much this all hurts." "Yo-you won't send this Tobias! Leave him alone!" Tris screams and trys to get up. Her face cringes in pain. I can't feel anything, i can't see anything but the little screen of my phone. "Show him what i did! Tell him how much pain you have to suffer because he couldn't safe you!" Jeremy screams and laughs evily. "This is not your fault!" Tris whimpers and my heart cringes. Jeremy kicks her in the side and she lets out a blood curling scream which makes my hair stand at the back of my neck. Then jeremy speaks again: "I think that's enough. Hope you have a good night Tobias." Tris says nothing, she just lays on the floor. "Come on tris, say goodnight. We don't want to be rude." Tris still doesn't say anything and he sighs. He pats her back and she scream again. This time its more of a whimper. The kind of thing you do if you are in really bad pain. "Say good night, Tris." Jeremy repeats and this time she says: "Goodnight." And then the video stops. "Oh. My. God." Christina says and then suddenly she faints. Will catches her. I can't do anything. I can't move. Zeke shakes my shoulder and i see his lips moving but i can't hear him. Then suddenly i jump up. I run away. I leave my phone behind, my friends - everything. I can't stop untill i can't breath anymore. My Tris, is being tortured. Suddenly someone lays his/her hand on my shoulder. I turn around and look at a panting Zeke. "Gosh, you are fast..." then a single tear escapes my eye. Zeke prtends like he didn't see it and i quickly wipe it away. I sink onto the floor and lean against the wall. "Why always Tris? Why always her?" I ask no one in particular. He sighs and sits down next to me. "You have to be strong for her now. She needs you." I only nod.
We sit like this - his hand on my shoulder and both of us quiet - for a few minutes. "Ok, and now lets track down this bitch Nita." Zeke says and i wait for a grin on his face but it doesn't come. And then suddenly Nita comes around the corner. Zeke doesn't know her but i do. I start to run and tackle her to the floor. I pin her down. "Where are they? Where?" I scream. "Woah! Calm down Tobias." Zeke says and trys to pull me off of her. "Thats her! That is Nita!" Realisation hits him and he helps me to pull her up from the floor. "Could you tell me why you are hurting me? Can you just let go!?" She demands and starts to struggel. "Lets bring her to david." I suggest and Zeke nods. Both of us just ignore her atemps to free herself. We drag her to Davids office.
Celin the secretary looks shocked when we arrive. "What did you do to her?" She asks, her voice screeching. "That is Nita! She knows where they are!" Zeke says and i nod. "I know that that is Nita. Could you let go of her?" Celin says. "That's what i am saying the whole time." Nita interupts but i keep a firm grip on her wrists. "Not untill she told me where they are!" I say and then shout: "David! I got her!" He comes out of his office. "Really you got Tris?" I shake my head and zeke points to Nita. "No, but nearly..."

Tris still is kidnapped. Uhhhh... ;)
Hope you liked it

Jojo ♡