Chapter 52

Last chapter: He finally chokes out a few understandable words: "Misunderstanding - other patient - stupid mistake..."

Tobias pov:
"W-w-what do you mean?" The doctor who told me that Tris is dead stutters. The other one waves him over and whispers something in his ear. 'My doctors' eyes grow wide and i look at Zeke questioning. He shrugs. Then the doctor turns towards me again. "I am incredibly sorry. I switched your room numbers. The girl you are waiting for is Tris Prior. I wasn't a part of her operation. It seems like we had another patient with simular injuries. I am so so sorry for scaring you like this. Tris will be brought here in a few minutes. I was just informed that her operation was sucessfull. Again, i am incredibly sorry. It was a big misunderstanding." I feel so many emotions at once. I feel the numbness slowly going away. I feel another feeling spreading through my whole body: relief! And i know i shouldn't be reliefed, because another girl just died. But i can't do anything different then cry out of joy. Soon everyone is crowded around my bed and we all cry and laugh. The doctor leaves and returns a few minutes later with tris in a hospital bed. She already looks better. Her cheeks are full of colour again, she no longer has a tube in her mouth and her bruises are slowly fading. She still has to lay on her side though, because the injuries he made at her back are serious, espacialy because they weren't cleaned proberly. They wheel her directly next to me, so i don't have to move that much. I stretch my hand out at her and slowly guide my fingers along her face. Her beautiful face. Her soft lips. Her cute eyebrows. Her straight nose. Her smooth forehead.
I hear the others shuffle out of the door, but i don't care. I hear Christina and Marlene giggle, but i don't care.

I just look at Tris.

About twenty minutes later the doctor comes back. Two other doctors acompanie him. They all smile at me. There are two men and one woman. "Hello. You must be Tobias." I nod. "Yes. And you are...?" She smiles. "I am Dr Johnson. I am the chief of the surgial part of this hospital." The woman says. "This are Dr Anderson..." she points to the doctor that talked to me "and this is Dr Wiliams." I nod. "Nice to meet you. Why are you here? Is it about Tris? When is she going to wake up?" Dr Johnson smiles again and sits down on my bed. "No, we wanted to talk to you about the little excident that happend. It all was a planing excident. We had the names switched on the file." "Oh about that... thats alright. You only gave me the shock of my live..." i say sarcastic. "Again, i am incredible sorry about what happend and i just want to say..." Dr anderson starts but one look of Dr johnsen quiets him. "What can we do about that tobias?" I shrug. "Take as good care of Tris as you can. If she ever complains i will call my lawyer." They don't need to know that i don't even have one... Dr johnson nods. "Of course. You will get dr andersons phone number and whenever you need something just call him." I nod. "Thank you." "Ok, so now that that is discused. Dr Wiliams will explain how the operation went." Dr johnson leaves, Dr anderson habds me his phone number and i give him a slight smile. Then dr wiliams steps next to my bed. "Ok, so Tris' operation was very succesfull. The liver fitted perfectly and we had not much trouble sewing it in. Yes, there were some short bleedings but as i said they were short. We could stop all of them quickly." "Ok, thank you. Really. Thank you so much. You didn't just saved her life with that." He smiles. "I am just doing my job." "Another question: what do you think when she will wake up." "That is a dificult question. She could wake up in minutes, houres or days. But it probably won't take longer then about a week. You always have to remember that it was a very difficult operation for Tris and she needs time to recover." I nod. "Ok thank you again." I squeeze his arm and he smiles more. "No problem. I will leave now. I will check on you in about an hour." "Ok bye."
Dr wiliams pov:
I leave the room and am greeted by about 10 teens and a dog. Suddenly they all run towards me and hug me all at once. I laugh. This is the best part about this job... "Thanks. Thank you so much for saving her life." One of the boys say. He is tall and has a caramel coloured skin. I smile widely. "My pleasure. You've got a fighter friend in there." They all nod and one girl - tall, chin length black hair - tears up and hugs me again. Then i wave goodbye and only see how they fall into each others arm before i turn around the corner. Weird group. But kind of cute.
Tris pov:
I wake up. But everything is dark. Am i awake or am i still dreaming? I hear muffled voices again. It feels like i am underwater again. The voices get louder while i fight my way to the surface. I want to wake up! I want to wake up! I want to!
The voices get clearer. I recognise who is speaking. Its uriah. Then everything is quiet and then suddenly i hear a lot of laughter. The laughter gets louder and then suddenly i break through the surface. I am there. I slowly move my left hand, that is safely covered with another one - probably Tobias'. I feel him freeze and move my arm. They all fall quiet and even though i can't see anything i know they are all staring at me. And then i finally manage to open my eyes. But when i do i only see the blinding headlights. I scream, like i did when i saw them in reallife. I see them infront of me like they are there. I trash around and feel strong hands pin me down. Jeremy! He came back! He came back! I scream more and the hands release me. I look around panicked. I know these faces. But i don't know them. I am only panicked. I close my eyes again and the comforting darkness greets me. No headlights! I feel a soft voice talking to me. "Tris, please. I know you are awake." Tobias! I need to see him. When i open my eyes this time i only see Tobias face. He looks worried and concerned. I shift my look only for a split second and see the lights again. This lights! This lights were about to kill me! I squeeze my eyes shut again and put my hands over my head. Well i try to, because when i want to move them a sharp pain races through my body. I groan and want to turn around, lie on my stomach. But wires and small tubes tuck at my arm. I start to cry and trash around in the bed with my eyes still squeezed shut. I am traped! I am traped! But Tobias is here. Tobias wouldn't trap me. I force my eyes to open again and this time see an unfamiliar face. I back off and bump into tobias chest. He takes me into his arms and i burry my head in his chest - my eyes till shut. He strokes my hair and then i hear a voice: "Tris, please open your eyes. Only for a second. I need to check something." I know i shouldn't do it but i still slowly open my eyes. First i only see Tobias white shirt but then i get turned around and look into the blinding ceiling. So bright. The headlights! I start to scream again. They are going to kill me! This truck will squish me! "Turn of the lights! Now!" The strange man demands. And christina follows his order quickly. Just then i close my eyes again and rock my body back and forth. Tobias pulls me into his arms again and i push my face into his chest. "Tris? Please try it again. Just once more." I first shake my head, then it goes over to my torso and in the end my whole body shakes. Tobias pulls me closer to him. I wrap my arms around him and hold onto him. I squeeze my fingers into his back and pull myself closer to him. I am still shaking. "Come on tris. I know you can do this. I know you can." Tobias whispers in my ear. Just for him i open my eyes again. No headlights. Not in the corner, not at the ceiling, nowhere. About ten or eleven people stand around my bed and now i recognise them: Caleb, Will, Nina, Cara, Zeke, Christina, Shauna, Matthew, Uriah, Marlene and the man i still don't know. They all look worried but when i look at them they all smile. The man says: "Hello tris. My mame is Dr Wiliams. I operated you because of the injuries you had. Do you remember why you had them?" I slowly nod. "Can you tell me?" I try to speak and finally get out a: "Headlights..." i don't want to think about it and burry my face in tobias chest again. "Tris, can you look at me please?" Dr wiliams asks friendly. I shake my head but Tobias whispers: "Do it Tris, come on. I know you can do it." I slowly peel my face away from his chest and look at dr wiliams. He still smiles. "Very good Tris. Could you repeat what you just said?" I nod again and slowly say: "Headlights." Again. I just want to turn to Tobkas safe chest again when his hands hold me back. "No tris. Listen to him." I struggle inside but still turn towards the doctor. "Can you tell me what my name is?" He asks. I am puzzled. He just said it: "Dr wiliams" i say he smirks. "No, i am not." And then he pulls down a mask and suddenly is Jeremy. I scream in terror and someone shakes me. "Tris! Tris!" I open my eyes again. The lights are still off and i look into Tobias troubled eyes. I suddenly start to shake again. I shake and shudder. Tobias pulls me closer to him. "I am here for you. Please stop it. I love you." He whispers. I start to cry and clutch his shirt for support. I pull myself closer and he holds me while my body still shakes. Dr wiliams starts talking again but this time i don't listen.
Tobias pov:
I am scared. Tris is scaring me. I am scared for her sake. Dr wiliams talks again: "Tobias, tris has a post traumatic stress disorder. Short ptsd. This means that her colliding with this truck was a traumatic experience. It looks like that at her case it shows with the lights of the car. Whenever she sees a bright light she gets panicked. First screaming, then crying, then the shaking." I nod and stroke Tris hair. "What can we do about that?" I ask - my voice cracking. "Well, it looks like you can calm her. And it will go away with time. She will probably need a closer watching for the next few weeks." I nod again and rock myself with tris in my arms back an forth. "Okay."

Poor Tris. :((

Hope you liked it

Jojo ♡