Chapter 50

Tobias pov:
I hear voices and slowly open my eyes. A doctor stand infront of me. I yawn. Matthew talks to him and has a worried exoression. I shoot up. What happend? What did i miss? I stand up and walk over to them. "What happend?" I ask panicked. "Calm down. No problem that we couldn't solve..." Matthew says, trying to calm me - it doesn't work. I turn to the doctor. "What?" He sighs and motions me to sit down. I do. He smiles slightly. "Tris is out of surgery now. But she isn't healthy yet. Because of the accident her liver was badly injured and..." he trails off and i choke out a: "A-and?" "We need a transplant or..." he trails off again but this time i know what he wanted to say. "I'll do it!" I say and jump up. "Right now!" "Woah, woah calm down. You don't just decide this..." Matt says but i just glare at him and then snap: "I would do everything for Tris." He puts his hand up in surrender and i turn towards the doctor. "When can i do it?" "Tobias i have to say that your friend here is right... even though you already know that you want to do this, you still have to take tests and it won't be easy for you after the operation." "Why don't you understand? I can live without a part of my stupid liver but Tris can't live without that piece, and i can't live without Tris!" He nods. "Do you want to see her?"he asks. "Is she awake?" I ask back. He shakes his head no. "No, we don't know whether she can hear us. Sometimes they can. Come i'll show you how to get there. The others already visited her." I just nod and try to swallow my anger about that they didn't wake me up. I follow this doctor through the hospital. While we walk he says: "I just want to say that it could be that Tris rejects the liver." I nod. "Ok, but this won't change my mind. Why do you even want to change my mind?" "I just have to inform you about everything." He answers and then stops infront of room number 521. "Here we go..." i mumble while i push the door open. When i enter Christina and Will are inside - standing directly infront of Tris. When they hear the door they look up. They stand up and Christina says: "We'll leave you alone..." i just nod. When they are gone i can see Tris. Her whole face is swollen and bruised. She has a large tube in her mouth and the monitors next to her are conected to wires that are going into her body. I fall to my knees and start to tear up. Why didn't i put on the car lights? Why not? I am so stupid. This is my fault. I crawl to the chair next to her and lie my head on her arm. I sob and cry into the sheets.
Tris pov:
It feels like i am under water. I hear faint sobs and crying. Then someone speaks up: "Tris, please, please survive all of this. I can't live without you. I love you. You always get taken away from me. I love you so much." Tobias! I want to move my hand and stroke his soft hair, look into his stormy blue eyes and tell him that i love him too. He crys more and i just want to comfort him but i drift into darkness again.
Tobias pov:
I stay by her side for the rest of the day. I only leave when the doctor wants to take those weird. The others come in, go out. But they always come back. Zeke stays by my side the whole time. After about five hours of him following me wherever i go i decide to ask him. We are sitting in Tris' room right now. They placed her in a room for two person, so after my operation i will be able to be in the same room. "Zeke, i've got a quetion." "What my bro?" He asks and smiles slightly. "Why are you following me around the whole time. I mean i am not going to complain - its comforting - but don't you want to spend some time with shauna or Uri?" He looks on the floor. "I promised." "What did you promise?" I ask. "I promised to take care of you. I promised that to Tris, before she went to the bureau. I had to promise and she was right. I wasn't there for you when she was gone and now i am, i am going to take care of you, while tris can't." He looks up and smiles. This time i return his smile as good as i can. I lay my hand on his shoulder and say: "Thank you."
We stay silent for a few minutes and then Zeke breaks this silence: "When is she going to wake up?" "Well, this doctor said if we are lucky she will wake up shortly after the transplantation. But he also said that she would have to take loads of medicaments and stuff like that." He nods and i squeeze Tris small, warm hand. "When is your operation?" "Tomorrow morning. I already met the suregeon. He seemed nice." Zeke nods. After that we just sit in silence.

<<<<time laps next day>>>>

Third person:
Tobias lays down in the hospital bed. Tris next to him is just getting changed into the gown for the O.R. He already has his things on.
He is nervous. He knows that for him its not a that big operation, but he knows that it is for Tris. This operation could decide whether she will live or die. He squeezes his eyes shut. She will survive! She will! She is a fighter, she is brave, she is fearless, she is my first jumper! When he opens his eyes again he looks into the eyes of a nurse. Hazel eyes. "Ready?" She asks. He looks over to Tris and sees the tubes and bruises, but he also sees the girl he loves so much. The girl that is his world. He kept saying that he would sacrifice for her - now he can prove it. He looks back at the nurse. "Ready!"

Sorry another cliffhanger 😂😂

This just happens when i write 😊

Hope you liked it

Jojo ♡