Chapter 77

One month later

Tobias pov:
I twirl the kar key around my fingers and smile at Tris. Today is the day. Today little andrew gets to know his real home. He is finally released out of the hospital. Tris carries him in a bag infront of her. He looks around interested and takes in the surounding through his dark blue eyes. I hold Tris hand with my right hand and Indys leash with my left. He hops around excited and sniffs everything. We cross the car park and i open the door for Tris and Andrew. Indy hops to their feet and curls down. I smile and Tris does too. Andrew yawns a bit and Tris coes him and kisses his forehead. I walk to the driver side and get in.
I drive home carefully. I have my family in this car after all. Everything that matters to me in a few squaremeters. Well except from our other friends maybe...

When we arrive at home all our friends suddenly jump up behind pieces if furniture. Tris and i both stumble backwards surprised and then start laughing. "Guys... you scared us!" Tris laughs and i nod. "Yeah. I nearly peed my pants." We all laugh and the girls all give Tris a side hug. The boys slap my shoulder and i grin. Chris and Mar jump up and down infront of Tris and Chris squeels: "We have a surprise for you!" They pull us towards Andrews room. We finished it just a few days ago. The only thing that was missing were toys and stuffed animals. They dont miss anymore. The whole room is decorated with exactly this. Tris starts to tear up and hugs everyone. "Thank you so much. This is so sweet. And by the way through his silence Tobias wants to express that he is touched and that he thanks you a lot." I laugh a bit and kiss the top of her head. "Exactly." Everyone laughs. I take Andrew out of the bag and lay him into the crib. He waves his tiny arms and catches my finger. His small fingers wrap around it tightly and i couldn't feel more happy. I am looking at my son. At my after all healthy son. He smiles a bit and i do to. Tris wraps her arms around me from behind and looks over my shoulder. Like this we just stare at our beautiful son. He is perfect. He still has my finger in his tiny tiny hand and squeezes it. He really has a firm grip on it. After a while he releases it and starts waving his arms again. I laugh and turn around to Tris. Just then i notice that our friends left the room. Probably to give us some privacy. I bend down to Tris and put my forehead to hers. "We are parents." I say and she smiles widely. "Yes we are." I slowly lean down and kiss her.
We take Andrew with us when we leave the room again. He looks around and seems to smile the whole time. His dark blue eyes take everything in. All the girls start to coe over him and everyone takes him into their arms. They cuddel him to their chests and we boys just look at them and laugh. I watch every movement they make with my son. When Shauna gets him she holds him up and i quickly walk over to her just in case he falls. "Geeze Tobias. I got him." Shauna says and grins. "Someone is an overprotective daddy." She whispers loudly in Andrews tiny ear. "Well i am. Now give me little An." She hands him over and i can finally relax again. Now i know that he is safe. I look at his small face. He has Tris nose. Caleb taps my shoulder. "I don't know whether this is the right time but could i hold my little nephew?" I nod and carefully hand him over to him. He craddles the small boy in his arms and sways a bit. I smile and tris takes my hand.
For the rest of the day we just talk about random things. Mostly about babys. Mar is going to have her baby in about two months. We all are excited. And my life? My life is perfect just the way it is right now.