Chapter 13

Four months later
Tris pov:
I started my studys together with peter. He is a really nice guy now. Other than the two of us there are 35 other students. Some know a bit more than me but i'm trying to catch up. Our professor is really nice and patient and i like him a lot.

Tobias likes his job as well. We keep helping eachother. Well, most of the times he helps me to learn my mediacal stuff.
I just lay next to a shirtless Tobias and just look at him while he sleeps. I keep tracing the tattoo on his back up and down. I look at all the faction symbols. I don't regret my choice to tattoo them on my skin. Not even now that i know it was only an experiment. The alarm clock rings. Toby stirs and than wakes up. "Morning handsome." I say smiling and lightly kiss his lips. He smiles and mumbles "morning gorgeouse." I smile as well and kiss his lips again.
I get out of bed and walk into the kitchen. Since it starts to get spring the sun is setting although it's only six am. I yawn and start to make myself some cornflakes and put Tobys toasts into the toaster. He comes into the kitchen only a minute later. He kisses the top of my head and than takes his toast out. He turns on the radio and then sits next to me. 'Good morning Chicago. We hope you all had a good night. Now the news...' the radio guy keeps talking but i don't listen. I am to tired to concentrate anyways. Tobias on the other hands has to know what is going on. He has to keep track of the things in the city.
Alot changed in Chicago. There are more settlers now. In our building there are at least fifteen familys now. Other buildings get build up as well and the amity fields are used again. A new hospital opend, a few schools, a lot of shops and of course restaurants.
It is pretty normal life here in Chicago.
I get up and put my bowl in the sink. "I'll get dressed." I say and Toby just nods. I get dressed and than brush my teeth and do my normal morning routine.
20 minutes later Tobias and i stand at the train station together. They rebuild some of the broken traintracks and now there are trains that stop at the stations. We wait for exactly that kind of train. I take Tobias hand and he smiles at me. He bends down and kisses me. I smile into the kiss and kiss back. We pull back but keep our forheads together. "I love you Tris." "I love you tobias." He smiles and so do i. "So, what are you going to do today?" He asks and i am excited to answer: "yeah it's amazing! Today we get to help at the hospital for the first time! We won't have serious tasks but i am so so excited. We finally get to work with real patients. But i am afraid as well. What if i am really bad or kill somone? Oh my god what if i don't know what to do? What if i get lost or if i don't understand what the mean? What if i..." i want to go on but he puts a finger on my lips. "Hey, hey Tris! You will do amazing! I know you will because you are amazing. And i love you, no matter what!" I smile and kiss him again. "Thanks." I say. He laughs and strokes my hair. Than the train arrives. We step in and i spot peter. "Hey Peet!" I shout and he looks at me. "Tris!" He jumps up and hugs me. I see Tobias tense beside me and gently push Peter away. I don't want Tobias to be jealous. "So. Are you excited to go to the hospital?" Peter asks ans i nod. "Yeah! I kept annyoing Tobias with it." I answer smiling and take Tobys hand. We sit down but since there are only two seats i sit on Tobias lap. "Yeah. I'm also really, really excited to finally use and show my knowlegde." Peet says and i nod. We keep talking about medical stuff.

Ten minutes later the announcment in the train says: 'Roosevelt station' "ok i have to get out." Tobias says. "Ok bye." Peter says. I stand up and kiss him. "Bye. I love you. Have a nice day." I say and smile. "Love you too. And good luck at the hospital." "Thanks." The train stops. Tobias gets out. I sit down again. "Sooo, now he is gone." Peter says. "Ehm yeah...?" I answer awkwardly. "And..." i add. "Nothing." He answers and i roll my eyes. "Whatever."
Another 15 minutes later we stand infront of the hospital. There are people everywhere and there is a bright red ambulance right infront of the hospital. "Ok. Let's do this!" I say and enter with Peter right behind me. We walk to the desk in the middle of the room. "Hello. Tris prior and Peter Hayes. We are medical students." "Identification!" She commands. I show her my card and Peter does the same. "First floor. The second door on the left." "Thank you." Peter says but i just start walking. "Well, she was nice..." i say once Peter catched up to me. He just laughs.
When we enter the room there are the other students. Nina comes over and hugs me. We are friends while we study but we never met outside of university. "Hey Nina. How are you holding up?" "I am so so nervous. You know i think i have never been in a hospital before. This is just so exciting." Nina grew up in the fringe but the bureau took her because she is genaticly pure. She keeps talking but i don't listen-not really anyway. I put on the hospital gown that lays under a name card for me. I clip my card to my breast pocket. Just than a small woman with darker skin and shoulder lenght black hair steps in. "hello everyone. My name is Dr Bailey. I'll be your instructor for the next week. Enjoy this before you have to go back to your desks and learn." We all crack a smile and Peter steps next to me, also changed into hospital gown. "Follow me!" Dr bailey says and we all obey and start walking when she does. This is going to be interesting.

I'll continue at that point in the next chapter. :)
Hope you liked it

Jojo ❤