Chapter 59

Tobias pov:
I wake up with Tris lying next to me. When i look at the clock i realise its only 4 am. I groan silently. Why am i awake? Only then i notice that the window is open. I sigh and stand up to close it. Tris stirs in her sleep just when i close the window. She starts talking random sentences. Suddenly she sits upright in our bed. She looks around franticly and then feels next to her. I quickly walk over to her and wrap her into my arms. She sighs and closes her eyes again. I do the same and soon fall asleep.

When i wake again its to the beeping of the alarm clock and to Indie licking my face. I gently push him away and then tris steps in. "Goodmorning Toby. How did you sleep?" I rub my eyes and yawn. "Amazing. But you didn't sleep so well, did you?" "No, i'm..." "fine?" I interupt her. She looks at me for a few seconds but then looks away. "Come on i made breakfast." I just nod and stand up. We both know that this theme will be discussed further. I sit down and she places a plate full of scrambled egg infront of me. "Thank you." I say and she smiles a bit. "No problem." She sits down and starts picking at her food. "Don't you want to eat?" I ask after a while. "I'm not hungry." "Tris..." she sighs and shoves a fork full of egg in her mouth. "Satisfied?" I nod. "Yup." After that we continue eating in silence.

"So Tris. Tell me about your nightmares." I say once we sat down on the couch facing each other. She looks on the floor and i grab her hands that are intervined in her lap. "Come on Tris. Don't you trust me anymore?" "O-of course i do. I trust you more than anyone else but..." "then why can't you tell me?" I ask and wonder about how soft my voice sounded. "Because i don't want to hurt you." She answers and looks on the floor again. I lift her chin with two fingers and say: "It doesn't matter if it hurts me. It'll help you. And how is it supposed to hurt me?" She sighs. "Tobias, please don't assume the wrong things about what i'll say now." I just nod and wait for her to continue. "Today i dreamed of you. I-i dreamed that y-you would beat me." She burrys her head in her hands. I am shocked. "Say something." She says and looks at me with tears in her eyes. I just pull her towards me "Tris don't ever think that!" "I don't think you would do something like that." I kiss the top of her head and she looks up at me. "I love you." "I love you too." I respond and then we kiss.

Short chapter i know.

The next one will have a surprise for you guys :))

Be excited.

Hope you liked it

Jojo ♡