Chapter 87

Andrew extands his hand and helps Sophie out of the car. She flashes him a smile. "Thank you." Andrew smiles back. "No problem." He winks at her and she starts grinning. Nathalie watches the two with a satisfied smile. Mark next to her wears the same expression. He carefully nudges Naths shoulder. "You did this." He states. Nathalie can't supress a grin but just shrugs.
"Ok! Everything done. We can go." Uriah says and walks towards the group of people that stands infront of the car. He got the tickets for all of them while Tobias searched for a parking spot. Everyone jumps up and starts walking towards him. Mar takes Uris hand while Tris and Tobias intervine their hands as well. Luis runs ahead of the group and yells something about being an airplane. "Luis calm down a bit!" Says Tris strictly. Andrew and Soph trail a bit behind the group. "So, how is Auston?" Andrew asks without letting his disapointment show. Sophie looks at him confused but then answers, "Fine I guess. I didn't talk to him today." Andrew just nods.
They start some general smalltalk. Talking about everything and nothing.

At the head of the group Uriah keeps glancing back at them. Tris laughs and slaps his arm. "Uri! Leave them their privacy."
He smirks a bit and turns towards Tris. "Well, I'd like that soph and her current boyfriend break up. I don't like him. An is a way better guy." Tris smiles a bit. "Well i can't really tell. I've never met auston." "He is somewhat weird, you know. I don't know that his... intentions with her are..." Tris nods and lays a hand on his shoulder. "It will be fine. I am sure. Soph is a clever girl. She will see whether this Auston is the right one."
Uri smiles and nods before they catch up to Tobias and Mar again.

Nath, Luis and Mark walk in the middle. Luis and Mark are engulfed in a discussion while nath more or less daydreams.

Suddenly Luis takes of running. "Mum! Dad! I wanna do that one! That one mum! Please! Please!" He jumps up and down and points to a huge rollercoaster that newly opened. Uri grins at him. "Okay kids, who wants to ride that one with your cool uncle slash dad?"

Luis, Marks, Sophs and Naths hands shoot in the air. Only An keeps his hand down. Everyone knows that he inherited the fear of heights from his father. Tobias wraps his arm around his shoulder. "Come on An. We're going to buy us something to eat."

They start walking away but stop at sophies shouts, "Wait! I don't want to ride this as well!" She jogs over to them and Tris secretly motions for Tobias to come back. "Okay then you two go. You are old enough now. Meet us back here in two hours." He hands An money and they walk of together.
Andrew wonders why soph suddenly behaves so differently around him. She would smile at him shyly and blush when he said something nice about her.

They walk over to a smaller roaller coaster because An does like roaller coaster he is just afrais of heights. Even from this far away then can hear luis screaming and both have to grin.
Andrew pays for both of them and they enter.
Andrew opens the door of the cart for sophie and lets her enter first. She smiles. "Thanks." He flops down next to her. "No problem. What kind of ride is this?" She grins. "It's a ghost train." "Awesome!" He exclaims and shuts his seat belt over his hip. Sophie does the same. "Let's see how scary this really is... I bet it's for babys." He ha to smile. Soph has always been a brave girl. It's one of the things he liked most about her.
"Keep your hand and feet inside the cart during the whole ride. Don't touch anything on your way. And now enjoy your ride." A quiet bored man explains to them. They both nod excitedly and then the cart slowly starts moving.
They get swallowed by the darkness of the ride. They cant see anything. Ans heart pounds in his chest. Take her hand, now. Do it! He tries to swallow the lump in his throat and searches for Sophies hand in the dark. But her fingers find him first. An is really glad it is so dark she can't see his face.
They interviene their fingers and he just hopes and prays that his hands aren't sweaty, that he doesn't squeeze her hand to tightly and that he doesn't do anything else wrong.
He never had had a girlfriend, he never wanted one. He always thought that there are a few girls at school who fancy him but he never liked them.
A small light at the end of the tunnel catches his attention . He stares at it concentrated and suddenly someone jumps forward. Sophie and An both scream and then laugh.
The ride goes on for another few minutes with a few jumps scares which make them hold the other ones hand even tighter.
When they emerge into the daylight again Sophie slowly loosens her grip on his fingers and he wants to scream 'no! Take me back inside there with her!' But then they stand on the platform and Sophie acts totally the same towards him. After they laughed one more time especially about the first scare they leave the platform and An frowns while Sophie has her back pointed at him. Did she only hold my hand because it was dark... Was she only scared? He tries to shake of these thoughts and focus on having fun. „What do you want to do next?" Soph asks excitedly. He forgets his worries at once. It doesn't really matter, he just wants to spend time with her right now. He shrugs and a grin slowly comes on his face. „Honestly, i don't mind, you pick." She smiles broadly and his heart gives a jolt. „Ok! Then we'll go shooting! I always win in that one!" she follows her words with a laugh and pulls him with her by his hand. He beams at her from behind. Her dark hair falls softly over her shoulders and her light brown skin feels very hot where she touches him. Shit... He suddenly thinks, I think I am in love with Sophie...

They arrive back at the meeting spot after the shortest two hours An ever lived through. He beat Sophie at shooting and then gave the small stuffed bear he won to her. She found him very cute what made An happy. Then they bought themselves some cotton candy and strolled between the different stands and looked at the river.
They played a few more games here and there and one even was about playing the piano, Sophie won that one.
„An! Come look at what I won!" Luis yells as soon as he sees the two of them. He holds up a massive stuffed Elefant, it is nearly as big as Luis himself. „Isn't he awesome? I won in a game where you had to throw balls into a basket six times in a row and i did it! I named him Charlie. He is so cool!" An gets the stuffed Elefant poked in his face and has to laugh. „He is really cool, Lui." He snatches Charlie from Luis and looks at the huge Elefant. It has massive eyes that poke out a lot but it makes it really cute.
In the time Luis and An spoke Sophie walked over to Nath and showed her the teddy bear An won for her. „Really cute Soph." Nath says and grins at her. „You know, Auston never won something for me..." Nath keeps her mouth shut with a lot of effort and turns to her dad to hide her huge grin.
„Where are we going now, dad?" Luis suddenly yells excited yet again. „Oh lets ride the Ferris wheel!" Sophie suggests and An inwardly groans. He hates that thing.
He shoots his dad a look who looks as happy about that idea as he feels. „Uhm... I don't know..." Tobias starts but Tris only laughs and takes his hand in hers. „Come on, please. Its my favorite part of the pier." They look at eachother knowingly and a grin steals his way on Tobias face. „Ok, but only for you." He pecks Tris cheek and again An has to think of all the things they lived through together. He doubts that anyone could love someone as much as his parents love each other. He shoots a look at Sophie who is still cuddling her teddy Bear and suddenly wants to hold her really badly. But she turns towards Mark and they laugh about something.
Talking and laughing the whole group moves towards the Ferris wheel.
The parents all buy them tickets and then they get in line.
Sophie and Andrew slowly move towards eachother. Keeping Luis and Mark next to her Nath moves away from them so when they climb into the open cabins Tobias and Tris get into the first one, Uriah and Marlene in the next one, then Mark, Nath and Luis come, while its quiet hard to squeeze in the small cabin with three people and a person sized Elefant, and An and Sophie climb into the last one.