Chapter 43

Picture at the top is how i imagine Indie, you can imagine differntly though. ;)

Tobias pov:
When i come home with Indie he jumps inside and starts to sniff around everywhere. I laugh. "Come on indie, it's time for your sleep, little guys like you have to go to sleep early." Just when he runs into the bedroom my phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket and answer it while running after Indie. "Hello who is there?" I ask.
Z- Hey man it's zeke.
T- Hey buddy, whats up?
Z- nothing, just wondering how you're doing...
T- amazing. Wanna come over tonight?
Z- ehh sure. Why not..
T- cool, i got something to show you, better say someone...
Z- eeehhmm alright, but it's not a girl right?
T- technically its a boy... don't wonder just come over here - i'll show you.
Z- okay bye. See you in five.
T- bye.
I hang up and laugh. I pick up Indie and carry him towards the couch. I plop down and hold him in my arms. "hey you little guy. How are you doing? How are you doing?" I start to stroke his belly when my phone rings again and i groan. I answer annoyed: "Yes?" "Ehm its Tris... am i interrupting something?"
To- What? No, no, no! Everything fine, i was just playing...
Tr- Oh ok. So because of this afternoon... i am really sorry again, it was just so much! These stupid boys kept fighting... Well but what was this whole name thing about?
To- eh-eh i-i-i... i were just curious?
Tr- okaay... i guess, but they sounded a lot like dog names...
To- whaat? Nooo!
Just in this moment Indie decided to bark a bit because Zeke just knocked.
"Tobias? Was that a dog? Is there a dog with you?" I hear tris voice. "Noo, i told you. It was only Zeke playing stupid outside the door. I'm sorry i have to let him in. Bye i'll call you later. I love you." "Fine bye. Love you too." She hangs up and i know she now is kind of angry. I sigh and then open the door for Zeke. "Hey Tobias. What did you wanted to show me?" He asks and steps in. Just in this moment Indie comes running towards him, waving his tail and panting. Zeke laughs. "You got to be kidding me! You bought a dog?" I shrug, "yeah i did. His name is Indie." Zeke laughs again and strokes indie. "You are insane my dear boy." He keeps laughing. "What? Why?" "Did you tell Tris about this?" "Nooo... why?" I ask confused. "Well... did it never occur you that she might be allergic or hated them or were afraid of them..." "no it didn't because first: i know she isn't allergic, second i know she always wanted one but abnegation didn't allow and third how could she possibly be afraid of this cute guy?" Zeke shrugs. "I'm telling you... weird girls!" We both laugh a bit and then we play with indie. We teach him a few tricks, like catching the stick.

At some point we even decide to go into the park with him. We go into the dog part of it and let him run around freely. This two girls with their dogs slowly walk towards us. The left girl is blond and tall and thin while the other one has light brown hair and is tall and thin as well "Hey you two." One of them says. They each have a dog at a leash and smile at us. Zeke grins and responds: "Hey girls. Whats up?" "Nothing much. Are you living here?" "Yes and you?" I respond. The left one nods, "Yup, we're living just around the corner. Wanna come over?" Before anyone can say anything my phone rings. "One minute." I get it out of my pocket and answer it. "Hello?" "Hello Tobias." A slury voice answers. "Ehm who are you?" I ask confused. "Someone." The voice answers. "What do you want?" I demand. "Break up with Tris, or she'll be in pain." I gasp. "What? Who are you? Why do you want that?" I ask confused. Suddenly i hear Tris voice in the background. "Jeremy? Did you drink all of this?" A short pause and then i hear Tris' voice clearer: "Why do you have my phone? I've been searching for it for hours." I hear crackling and then Tris voice: "Hello, who is there?"
To- It's me, Tobias.
Tr- Hey. Why are you phoning with Jeremy?
To- I wasn't.
Tr- Oh, so i have hallucinations now?
To- Look, did i do something wrong?
Tr- what? No! Not like you lied to me... whatever, i got to go, jeremy needs to be taken to the infarmery.
"Tris what did i d-" one of the girls interupts me. "Hey boy, are we going to my apartment now or what?" "What?" Tris demands. "What, no Tris! This is a misunderstanding." "Of course, because if a girl wants you to come to her apartment there are so many other options than that. You know what go with her. Bye." She hangs up before i can even say another word. I stare at my phone. What did just happen? I decide to call her again but she doesn't pick up. I sigh and motion for zeke to come over to me. He trots over and asks: "Everything fine? You look miserable." "I'm not sure wether i still have a fiancée..." he looks shocked. "What? Why? What happend?" My shoulders slump forwards and he says: "Lets get you home and then you can tell me. This girls just want the one thing anyways..." i nod. "Don't forget Indie." I mumble. "Of course not." He answers and runs to get him. This one girl - who probably just ruined my relationship - comes over again. "So? Are you coning now or what?" At that moment something in my head snaps, i turn towards her and scream: "No! I am not coming to your place! Congratulations, you just ruined my perfect relationship!" She looks stunned and i just turn around and walk away. Zeke and Indie run behind me and only a few minutes later we arrive at my apartment.

I plop down onto the couch. What did i do wrong? What the fuck just happend? I am just so confused... Zeke just sits next to me, i explained it to him and he hasn't said anything yet. Inide on the other hand keeps trying to lick my face. Then Zeke speeks up: "How about you call her and explain everything... that you bought a dog, that you went into the park with him and me and there we met these two girls who wanted to take us to their home but we refused." I nod and dial Tris number from zekes phone so she will answer. It rings two times, three times, four times, five times and just when i want to hang up she answers: "Zeke? I don't want to talk to him right now."
To- It's not Zeke, it's Tobias.
Tr-Well, you heard me. I don't want to talk to you!
She just wants to hang up but i quickly say: "Tris please! What did i do wrong?" She sighs and i can her sitting down. "I'm sorry Tobias. I-i-i can't!" "Can't what?" "I can't be together with you." I nearly drop zekes phone. "W-w-what? W-why? Just because of this fight? I don't understand that. What is going on?" "Bye Tobias" i can't answer, my brain is empty and my mouth dry and then she suddenly whispers: "I love you, don't give up on me." I hear the phone getting laid on the table and then a voice i recognise as Jeremys says: "Did you do it?" i hear Tris sniffing and sobbing and then she answers: "Yes, just like you said." Then Jeremy suddenly shouts: "Is the phone still on? Oh you better didn't do that!" I quickly hang up. I am just confused. What the fuck just happend? Zeke looks at me questioning, "What happend man?" He asks. I sit down and then start explaining: "Well, i called Tris and she-she broke up with me but i think she didn't do it because she wanted to, i think she did it because Jeremy forced her to do it." Zeke scowls and looks just as confused as i am feeling. "So, you think she was forced to break up with you?" He asks. "What i think is that i have to go to the bureau to know it for sure." I don't believe that Tris broke up with me out of free will... i can't believe that! Otherwise i couldn't live. She is my reason to live. I shudder and then stand up. "I will drive to the bureau today and check on her." I decide and walk towards the door. Zeke holds me back by my arm. "Wait! What if this jeremy holds her hostage and if you go there he'll injure her..." i stop dead in my track. I haven't thought of that! I turn towards him "then i'll have to get into the bureau without anyone noticing. Call Matthew!"

Dun, dun, duuun!
I just needed to put some action in there :)
Did tris meant what she said? Did Jeremy forced her to say that? How will Tobias get into the bureau?