Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

~Chapter 1~

*flashback*

"You're worthless."

Those were the words that came out of my own father's mouth.

You'd think after hearing it for so long I'd have gotten used to it...but those words still stung.

I closed my eyes, trying so hard to fight the tears that threatened to escape.

"Don't cry, you little pest. You're only getting what you've deserved since the day you were born, Carrie."

A large hand skidded across my face as the man I was forced to call my father slipped into the shadows of the attic, or as I liked to call it, my torture room.

*end of flashback*

"Carrie! Carrie! Oh my god Carrie, snap out of it!" There it was. The voice of my best friend, Lydia.

"Oh, sorry Lyd." I managed to choke out. "I just zoned out." I lied.

"Well you'd better zone back in, the boss is coming!"

There was my cue to put away the magazines and my iPhone and start actually giving a rip about the customers, at my job. (I usually didn't)

Mr. O'Brian walked up just in time to see me shoving my phone into a basket underneath the cash register. He gave me a terrifying glare, which usually meant I'd need to see him after work. Crap.

I thought inside my head 'Here I go again, another day spent hiding from my so called father' but I didn't dare say that aloud. Instead, I simply said "Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you today?"

Yup, I was living the dream. (Notice the sarcasm)

Im scared for my life 24/7, yet I swore I'd never show it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how'd you guys like the first chapter?? :D

(I'm sure you will all be very excited to see who comes into the story next!)

Please vote and comment! :D

Thanks!