Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

Oh my goodness you guys. I have over 300 reads. That's absolutely crazy! It seems like just yesterday I had about 10 and was writing my 5th chapter. I wanna thank all of you who have been here since the first chapter, and even the ones who have just recently started reading. It's been my dream to be a writer for a really long time, and I feel like this is the first step to accomplishing that. I could've never done any of this without you all and I hope you know y'all are all amazing.

Here's chapter 26(:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26

*Authors POV*

The boys had a great time on the way to America, and if you were wondering, yes, Niall did get some peanuts. Eventually, they arrived in Alabama, where Carrie grew up.

"You guys, it's kinda late. Do you think we should get a hotel or something and look tomorrow?" Liam asked the group.

"No. We go now!" Niall said, demandingly.

"Well look at Ni going all leader mode!" Louis said as the boys all laughed.

"We should rent a car or something." Zayn gestured.

"Yeah!" Harry agreed.

The boys found a rental car place and got a car.

Niall took out his phone and swiftly typed in Carrie's old address, and the band set out on their way to find Niall's true love.

*Niall's POV*

*2 hours later*

"Are we almost there?" Harry asked me as Louis sleepily leaned on his shoulder.

"My phone says it'll be another 20 minutes or so." I replied.

A harmony of groans filled the car and exhaustion spread like a plague throughout the band. I couldn't wait until those 20 minutes were up and I could see Carrie again. As I began to brace myself for what she might look like, I quivered with fear. I knew she'd be beautiful and I knew I'd still love her but I couldn't help but wonder how badly her father was hurting her...

"What's on your mind, mate?" Zayn asked me.

"Nothing." I said, trying to make myself sound believable.

"Niall." Zayn continued. "I've known you long enough to know that that's lie. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I paused and Zayn glared at me, urging me to go on. "I'm just so worried about Carrie. I mean look at what her father did to her when he was in front of us! Imagine what he does while we're not there. Heck, when we walk in that house, Carrie could be starving. Bleeding out."

I could feel my face flush as the absolute worst possibility whirled through my mind.

"Niall! Why'd you get so pale all of the sudden?" Zayn asked me in a worried tone.

"Zayn.. Carrie could be dead..." I trailed off and began fighting the tears I knew I couldn't stop.

"Niall, don't think like that. Carrie's a fighter. She won't give up that easily." Zayn said, trying to comfort me. "C'mon, Ni. She's gonna be fine."

"You're right, Carrie is a fighter! But that doesn't mean her father's gonna give her a fighting chance!" By this time, the small handle I had on my tears had disappeared and they fell freely. "Zayn, this is all my fault. It's hard enough knowing that I started all of this. If I hadn't run off like I did then Carrie's dad wouldn't have even found her! She would still be okay...she'd be safe, with us, back home! If Carrie doesn't make it through this I don't think I'll make it, either.. I could never live with myself knowing that I set her up to die." My voice shook and I could barely croak out my words through my sobs.