Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

So Niall broke his promise...

You may want to get some tissues for this chappie.

Warning: side effects may include tears, sadness, depression, jealousy, and things of that nature.

You may continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Chapter 12~

*3 days later, Carrie's POV*

Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Liam were being really sweet, trying to comfort me. I just wish I wasn't so stubborn.

I still felt sad.

I still felt broken.

I still felt betrayed by the little blonde, Irish boy with the big blue eyes.

I wanted to hug Niall so bad, and I wanted to forgive him. I just couldn't stand to even be around him without losing it.

My attempts at not losing it aren't working so well, though, even without seeing Niall. Instead of constantly remembering my fathers abuse, I now remember the abuse AND Niall kissing Katy.

Sometimes the two memories merge together, creating something inside my head thats so painful, it makes me want it to all be over.

It makes me lose it.

*Niall's POV*

I haven't seen Carrie since the whole thing with me and Katy fake dating went down. I've never regretted anything more in my entire life.

I felt so bad, and I just wanted to tell her I was sorry, and explain what it really was.

I can't though, because every time she sees me she cries, and I cry too.

I cry because I hurt the one person that meant more to me than anything.

I hurt my Care-Bear.

*2 hours later, Carrie's POV*

I was sitting on my couch wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants when I heard a knock at my door. I groaned and got up to see who it was.

When I opened the door, I saw the lads.

There was something missing though...A pair of piercing blue eyes.

"Hey." I spoke sadly, now a days. I never felt truly happy.

They all tackled me in a bone crushing hug and I smiled my fake smile, which I used to mask my pain.

"How ya been, love?" The familiar voice of Zayn filled my ears as I looked at the floor.

"Fine." Did I mention I lie a lot now, too?

"Carrie... Now the truth?" Liam could always tell when I was lying. All of the boys could.

I sighed. "I uhh...I could be better." That wasn't a total lie...but in all honesty, there's no way I could possibly be worse.

We all stepped into my living room and sat on the couch, me being in between Louis and Zayn.

After about an hour of the boys attempting to make me feel better, I still felt awful inside.

On the outside, however, I was smiling and laughing.

Eventually, the lads I now called my best friends left me alone in my flat to remember.

I hadn't slept for more than a couple of hours since that day.

I hadn't eaten since then, either.

I didn't see the point anymore.

Eating and sleeping was like staying alive because of a machine in the hospital, for me.

I didn't want to survive like that.

I didn't want to survive at all.

At that moment, I realized I didn't have the guts to completely destroy my chances at living....not yet, anyway.

I laid down on the couch and drifted off into a sleeping world of nightmares and even more hurt.

Maybe remembering was exactly the kind of think I needed to give me the guts..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not even gonna lie. I cried while writing this.

Poor Carrie is thinking recklessly...

Do you think she'll ever stop thinking that way?

If she does stop, who do you think will be the one to snap her out of it?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thank you all soooo much for reading, lovelies(: