Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

Okay, guys, I’m just gonna start this by saying how sorry I am that it’s been so long since I updated. I promise, it wasn’t intentional. I just haven’t had much inspiration lately. With this story wrapping itself up into an ending, it’s kinda sad. I mean this was my first story, and watching it progress has been amazing. It’s been a little over a year since I first began this, and here it is, nearly over. I know that’s no excuse not to update, but it’s somewhat of a reason to make me feel less bad about it I guess. I’ve had volleyball a lot lately, too, so that hasn’t helped, either. But enough with the excuses… I hope this chapter makes it up to you guys! I love all of you lovely people.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 35

*Carrie’s POV*

I woke up the next morning snuggled up to Niall’s chest. I looked down to my finger that held the beautiful ring Niall had given to me. I smiled, more than I ever thought possible, and I thought back to the previous night. After Niall proposed, (I love the way that sounds) we all went home and watched a movie. As I had had a long day, I began dozing off within the first twenty minutes or so, and after about forty-five minutes had passed, all six of us were exhausted and retreated to bed. It felt so great to spend time with them again, and it was amazing how they all treated me like no time had even passed since the last time we sat down and hung out like this. My mind flashed back to reality as Niall stirred awake. He rolled over, looking me in the eyes, and smiled his beautiful smile.

“Hey, babe.” His voice was raspy and it made me melt into his arms once again.

“Niall we’re getting married.” I said, happily and filled with excitement. It seemed so surreal, it was as if I was saying it for the very purpose of convincing myself it was real and not something I made up in my head.  

Niall sat up, and kissed my head. “You’re gonna be my wife.”

I smiled widely, as I sat up, too. “I can’t wait.”

Before I could process what was happening, Niall leaped out of bed and picked me up and ran me down the stairs and into the kitchen. We laughed the whole way, as Niall was making the funniest, most adorable faces. When we reached the kitchen table, where the boys already sat, I noticed papers and notepads and things everywhere. As Niall gently set me into a chair, I asked what was up.

“Well, a wedding doesn’t plan itself.” Louis said, smiling at me and Niall.

I smiled, and thanked the boys for being so willing to help. As Niall fixed him and me both some breakfast, the planning began. Everywhere from the place, to the flowers, to the invite list, and more. It was seemingly never-ending, and a bit overwhelming. But it was a small price to pay to spend the rest of my life with the one I loved.

*Author’s POV*