Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

Here's chapter 23! I'm so sorry it took so long ):

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

*Niall's POV*

"I love you, Carrie. I promise, I'll find you!" I screamed to Carrie as her father took her away from me and the boys.

I could hear a car door slam, and I took off down the ladder, hoping I could be there in time.

By the time I had made it out the door, I could barely see a black truck disappearing over the steep, long driveway.

Carrie couldn't be gone...she just couldn't be. I sprinted after the truck, as fast as I possibly could.

About half way down the driveway, I realized Harry was right behind me, begging me to stop.

I couldn't, though. I had to get Carrie back.

I kept on running, and made myself go faster. I had to catch up.

I realized Harry had stopped chasing me, and I started to think there wasn't any hope.

I couldn't catch a speeding car.

At that very moment, though, the big, black truck that held my Carrie captive started to reverse.

It was coming back.

I made myself run even harder and faster, as I regained hope.

The bed of the truck was only a few feet away, and I just knew I was going to catch it.

But right as I was about to lunge myself into the car, Carrie's father floored the gas pedal fowards and I found myself standing alone, watching the car speed away.

"No, no, no, no, no, no..." I whispered. "No!" I cried, falling to my knees. "She can't be gone! She just found me!" I realized I was crying, and freely let the tears pour.

I couldn't hold them in.

About that time, Harry ran up to me and threw himself into the ground with me.

"Niall, c'mon, mate. You can just sit here and expect her to magically come back." His voice wasn't harsh, at all. It was caring and tender hearted.

When Harry had finished talking, Liam and Louis walked up, as well, joining us on the pavement.

"Harry's right, Niall. Her father has her. He's not just gonna let you have her back..you're gonna have to fight." Liam spoke calmly, but I could tell he was nervous and shaken up.

"B-but...what if I can't? What if I can't find her?" I cried out.

"You can, Niall! I know you can!" Louis said to me, and I almost believed him.

Almost.

"But what if, you guys? What if I can't? You heard her father! He's taking her back to America. The United States is a big country!" I argued.

At that moment, Zayn showed up, jumping into the conversation.

"Oh, and Ireland isn't a big country?" He asked me, and waited for an answer.

I blinked, cautiously, wondering where his question was leading to.

"Well, yes..it is." I answered carefully.

"Well Carrie found you, didn't she? Carrie searched for days, Niall. She went through so much while you were gone..." Zayn trailed off, and made me worry.