Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

So as you all can see, I've been waiting longer to update lately...and I'm so sorry!

School just started thought and I've got so much to do so I can't update as often as I used to.

However....the chapters are gonna be a lot longer, to make up for it.

So here's chapter 19. Enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

*Niall's POV*

After destroying my phone, I couldn't hold in my emotions anymore. I couldn't fight the pain for any longer.

I backed up against the wall, shaking, feeling tears slip from my eyes. I couldn't stop it.

I slid down the wall and found myself sitting with my knees to my chest, tears streaming like a rainstorm.

That's kind of what it was, though...a rainstorm.

I sat there crying for hours. Bawling, really. I tried so hard to stop but I just couldn't.

After a while, I finally managed to pull myself together, realizing how hungry I was. I forced myself to stand up and walk to the kitchen of my friend's vacation home.

I stood in the middle of the room for a minute, wondering if there would even be anything in the cabinets.

I finally opened one of them, revealing nonperishable foods. Peanut butter, crackers, cereal, bottled water, canned foods....normally I would've gone nuts.

I just couldn't bring myself to eat though.

I couldn't do anything, knowing I wasn't there to protect Carrie.

What if her father found her and hurt her again?

I couldn't decide if this was the right thing to do....should I really have left London? Maybe I should go back...

I stopped myself from thinking this and reminded myself of what I had done.

"You scarred her."

This was right. She didn't deserve to put up with me.

The boys didn't either.

No one did.

"This is a good thing." I spoke aloud. "Let them think you've fallen off the face of the earth. They deserve to feel that comfort."

I left my thoughts once again and began wondering what time it was. Since I couldn't check my phone anymore, I began wondering the house for a clock.

Finally, I found one, showing it was around noon.

I wandered back to the bedroom where my things sat and crawled into the bed.

I let my mind wander back to London and wondered what the boys and Carrie were doing.

I could just imagine them all laughing and being happy that I was gone. I wouldn't have blamed them if they were jumping for joy.

I whispered "I miss you, Carrie." and fell asleep.

*Carrie's POV*

"Carrie! Wake up!" I could hear Zayn calling at me. "We're at the train station!"

I jolted up and let out a huge smile. We were one step closer to finding Niall!

"Yay!" I shouted as the five of us exited the car with our bags in hand. I struggled to carry mine and Liam noticed. "Here, lemme carry that." He said, grabbing my bag.