Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

Oh my goodness you guys I am so sorry. I haven't updated in ages ):

I've been super busy with volleyball and my sister is home for a couple of weeks and school starts soon and bekjvbwdijvb.

I'm gonna make it up to you though! This chapter will be extra extra long :D

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Chapter 18~

*Niall's POV*

"Mister! Hey, mister!" I felt small hands shaking my shoulders roughly. "Wake up, silly! The ride is over!" The little girl I had spoken to before talked excitedly, before running off once again. I couldn't help but wonder where she was going..

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and remembered what I had done in the past few hours.

I left my home.

I left my best friends.

I left my Carrie.

I sighed sadly, holding in my tears and got out of my seat. I grabbed my bags and walked silently off of the train.

It felt good to be back in Ireland. I just wish I could've come back home under different circumstances...maybe even with Carrie, so she could meet my family.

"I guess all of our wishes don't come true." I said to myself.

"That's not true, mister." I looked down as the little girl who kept popping up talked to me. "I wished on the first star I saw for a family, one time." She paused, and I noticed the man and woman standing behind her, smiling. "Now I have one!" She ran off, again, dragging who I assumed to be her adoptive parents away.

I brushed off what she said quickly and headed towards the road to get a taxi.

I finally got one to stop and climbed inside. I told the driver the address and he nodded and began driving.

I sighed, once again. I couldn't believe this was actually happening.

About half an hour later, we arrived at my destination. I paid the taxi driver and stepped out of the car.

I reached under the mat that laid on the front porch and grabbed the key. I unlocked the door and stepped inside.

"Home sweet home." I whispered sarcastically, taking in the house. I scoffed. This wasn't home.

My mum always said "home is where the heart is."

My heart was back in London. It was with the boys and Carrie.

Not here.

I walked into the bedroom and dropped my luggage. As I starred down at the floor where my bags lay, I noticed something strange.

Actually, it was what I didn't notice that was so strange... I thought back to my flat in London. I had all of the bags I had packed, so why did I feel like something was forgotten?

That's when it hit me. "My laptop!" I shouted. I had searched for tickets on that thing and I didn't clear the search history! What if someone checked it? They'd be dangerously close to finding me!

Great, just great.

I sighed and fell onto the bed, turning my phone back on. I heard loads of beeps coming from the small, loud speakers.

There were texts from Liam and Zayn, and missed calls from Louis and Harry. There was one interesting voicemail, though...

It was from Carrie.