Fates a Funny Thing (Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

~Chapter 15~

*1 week later, Niall's POV*

I leave tomorrow morning at 5:30am.

Carrie and I still haven't spoken and I decided to give it one more try before I pack up and leave. The lads were out getting lunch, so I had plenty of time.

As I walked over to Carrie's flat, I realized I hadn't been outside in weeks. I stopped in the middle of the street and looked around me. I couldn't believe that I might be leaving this place...

I cut myself out of my thoughts and continued across the street. The few steps it took to reach her door seemed like miles.

She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

I knocked, and heard footsteps approaching. The closer they got, the more excited I got. I was about to see Carrie.

As she opened the door, a scared expression swept onto her face.

Was she scared of me? I looked around me aimlessly and saw no one else...it was defiantly me.

I scared my Carrie.

I leaned in and gave her one last hug, only to have her start crying in my arms.

My answer was solid, now.

I had to leave.

*Carrie's POV*

I was sitting on my couch, having not eaten in days.

Everywhere I looked, I saw my father holding a knife. He was cutting at my wrists, now...or was it me?

I couldn't tell anymore.

Soon after he...or me...made a new slice, I heard a knock at my door. Assuming it was Louis, I hid the knife under my kitchen counter. When I shut the cabinet door, I began to wonder how I ended up holding the very knife that cut my skin..

I shrugged off my questions and went to answer the door, while my wrist bled.

As I opened the door, I became scared.

My dad was standing there holding Niall with a gun to his head.

I couldn't tell what was real or what wasn't anymore...I had to snap myself out of this.

I began scratching at my wrists and one thing became clear to me...I was the one making these small cuts on my skin. It was all me.

That didn't explain my father holding a gun to Niall, though.

There were so many things running through my brain. As I was trying to figure out if my father was really there, Niall pulled me into a hug, my father still threatening to kill him.

The thought of sweet, innocent Niall getting hurt because of me practically killed me inside.

I cried, against my will. Niall whispered in my ear "Im so sorry" as my dad lead him away from my flat with the gun firmly on his back.

My Niall was just forced away from me.

I quietly whispered "Come back.." before collapsing onto the ground, sobbing.

*1 hour later, Niall's POV*

When the boys returned home, I was sitting on the couch with my head in my hands.

Zayn walked over to me asking "What's wrong, Niall?"

I sighed and responded. "I went over to talk to Carrie today.. When she saw me, she got scared. I hugged her and said I was sorry, and then she just started bawling." I paused and looked him in the eye. "She's scared of me, Zayn."

"C'mon, mate. She's not scared of you. She's just hurt." Louis apparently had heard our conversation and joined in.

"Exactly." Zayn spoke calmly. "If your heart still hurts, it means you still care."

I wanted to believe that Zayn and Louis were right...but they hadn't seen her face. She was terrified.

I wanted to believe that it wasn't me she was so scared of...but I saw no one else around. It was definitely me.

It was almost as if my choice was made for me...I had to leave London.

I nodded at the boys and shuffled up the stairs and into my room, closing the door.

I couldn't leave without writing my goodbyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, gosh! ):

Carrie saw her dad about to kill Niall and got scared...but Niall thought it was him that she was scared of! ):

What is this madness?!

You'll have to check out chapter 15 and see what happens... (:

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks for reading, my lovelies. (: