07.Morning Run

June's P.o.v

It was a fine morning, I pulled out of my bed without any mood. I can't help it, my bed was getting a little too comfortable since it was one of those cold mornings. Its was 6.00 in the morning. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my running shoes and earphones and played my Playlist and went out for a run.  

I was in my running clothes. I was so deeply engaged in music and started running. It was about 15 mins since I started running. I could not hear anything since my music was pretty loud. Then I felt a hand over the shoulder. To my surprise it was Andrew.

"Hey! I was running and then I saw you."  He said with a smile.

"Oh..hi! Good morning I was just on a small jog!"  I replied swiftly trying to catch my breath.

"So you run huh? Mind if I join?"   He asked looking slightly surprised.

"Umm..sure! Tag along!"  I replied cooly.

I am not sure how this is gonna end now.

"So did you sleep well ?"  I tried to start a conversation.

"Like a baby!"  He winked.

I smiled faintly and continued running.

"So Justin and you are friends?"  He asked suddenly.

"Um..not really just a fellow classmate..Why do you ask?"  I shot him with a question

"Ohh no.. just asked!"  He replied with a straight face

No, he didn't! Something was bothering him for sure.

Then the whole jogging thing went with awkward silence. I prefer Becky to be my fitness partner. But she slept in and it was her cheat day. I didn't wake her cause she is less annoying when she is asleep.

After running around a mile he finally spoke.

"If I ask you something will you answer honestly?"   he asked shooting a serious look at me.

His question actually surprised me.

Oh, no..what now? What's he gonna ask?

"Uhh.Sure?"  I said the panting cause of the running.

"If I had asked you before Justin for the ball, Would you have agreed to go with me?"  He asked looking curious.

"Uhh..um...I don't know! Well. I barely know you."  I replied suddenly.

Oh my god! Did I just do that? Why? Why? Why would I say that to him? But I wanted to go with him. Why is this so twisted and confusing?

"Really? Don't lie to me! Who do you think you are huh?"  He started shouting.

He was glaring at me now.

"Why would I lie? In fact, I am just stating the facts!"  I said politely.

Why would I challenge him like that? Everyone knows he is like the popular guy in college, he is just perfect. But why does he even care about what I would do he if he had asked me?

"No one ever rejected me like that!"  He said looking angry.

"Well..You never really met anyone real then!"  I replied instantly.

"I never met someone so arrogant!"  He said looking furious.

Okay. That hurts! Counterattack time!

"Oh please.. that feeling is now mutual!"  I snapped.

"You think you are like a celebrity? Huh? Everyone here is dying to go to the ball with you huh?"  I asked swiftly.