49. Moments

June P.o.v

He led me to the dance floor elegantly, and I was really nervous since it was the first time, we were performing alone. And everyone had their eyes on us. I never really liked to be the centre of attention, It gave me the creeps. He gave a lite squeeze on my hand when he noticed the discomfort on my face. I gave him a vague look since, I was technically in a fight with him, Even though I was really glad to stand beside him. He couldn't stop smiling brightly, it was really odd. The moment I reached that stage, I forgot all my worries for a second. The music started playing and we danced elegantly. The moves were really smooth and eloquently done. When I dance with Andrew, there was one thing I needn't worry about, It is the fear of screwing up, he was so good that he can make me also good in the performance. When I was with him, I never have to worry about anything else. I felt safe in his embrace. Dancing with him, watching the way he looked at me, pained my heart to let go, I never felt like that. I am really depressed. I felt like I lost even before the fight begun. The performance came to an end but Andrew's eyes never left mine. The music stopped and the applause from my fellow classmates filled our ears. I was shaken awake from my train of thoughts.

Okay, guys.. That was just great! Do exactly the same tomorrow and we are good to go! Mr.Anderson exclaimed as he came rushing towards us with a huge smile on his face.

Thanks, Mr.Anderson! Andrew replied with a grin.

I just smiled faintly at him.

Okay.. So let's move on to the next performance! Mr.Anderson pointed at the next couple and went near the stage.

Loud music filled the auditorium again. Andrew was standing beside, eyeing me closely.

Um. I should go! I said suddenly and walked away from him swiftly.

I noticed he was trying to stop me, but I left the place so quickly. As I was walking towards the exit, Becky came rushing towards me with a huge grin on her face.

Oh my god. You guys rocked! She exclaimed.

Becky. Now is not a good time! I muttered, as my eyes grew red and tears started welling up.

Are you alright? She asked looking worried.

No! I nodded my head.

Can we please just go? I asked as I wiped off a teardrop that was rolling down my cheek.

Yeah, of course! She replied instantly.

I helped her walk out of the auditorium. We reached hostel after a 5 mins walk. As soon as we went into my room, Becky started questioning me.

Are we gonna talk about what happened out there? She asked looking concerned.

Nope! I replied in a muffled voice looking away.

Here are your pills, you take them and sleep! It's been an eventful day! I said handing over her pills, trying to ignore that topic.

Hey..! What's wrong? She asked me slowly.

Tears started pouring out, I was a weeping ball in no time.

Everything! I replied sobbing.

Well..tell me? Maybe I can help you out! She said trying to comfort me.

That's the worst part, you can't.

I nodded a No.

Are things not working out between Andrew and You? She asked looking concerned.

Yeah,I guess you can say that! I said trying hard to control my tears.

Before you say anything, I need to tell you something! She said suddenly.